Helping out

cindy
on 7/10/04 12:31 am - Mesa, az
This is the second time that I have posted this message, this subject is so close to all of us, and it is such a great cause. I am a committee member this year for this event, and I am so excited. I wanted to share with you about this event just incase you would like to register and walk, I am not trying to promote, or get money for myself, my intensions are to let everyone on the Arizona message board know of a local community event, for a national Foundation, that will be mentioned on local radio and televison. As a committee member, this is my angle on how I am giving back to the community. This event will be at the track at Scottsdale Community College on September 18th, starting at 6 am, and the registration fee is $25 and is tax deductable, and it is a great way to give back. We have invited all of the WLS surgeon's (Dr. Zahn, Dr. Newhoff, Dr. Juarez, Dr. Blackstone and many more) to get together teams of thier office staff, and particapate, except for Dr. Simpson, he is having an event of his own. Also, if you can not make the walk, and would like to give a pledge, that is good too. They have great hand-out bags full of goodies, t-shirts and this year they will have a walking event for kids, with clowns and some great stuff. A child registration is also $25, there will be alot of businesses that have donated a varity of products for us to give to the particpants. If you want a registration form, and can not find them, let me know [email protected], please include your mailing address, and I will mail you one. If you register early, you can start getting your pledges right away. This event is designed to promote obesity awareness by educating the public and healthcare professionals about effective treatments. The funds raised through this event will support the ASBS Foundation's (American Society for Bariatric Surgery) nationwide, the educational mission is to increase research, educating the public about this devastating disease of obesity, and improving obesity awareness and reducing its associated discrimination. Sign up to walk or if you would just like to make a pledge, you can email me and I can add you to my pledge list and give you the information to send your pledge of $15 to the ASBS Foundation. Now, if you talk to your contacts,and they want to walk, FANTASTIC, the more people you can get to help with this fund raiser is always a good thing. I am feeling so great, and you all know how sick I was, I am so lucky to be able to contribute to this event, and the education of obesity is now a passion for me, and thank God that I am here to be able to help other people understand that being obese does not just mean that people eat to much. Thank you, for caring about the education of obesity, and letting me tell you how great I feel about giving back. Cindy Smith Open RNY 8-6-03 -147 lbs
Arizona_Sun
on 7/12/04 10:38 am - Gilbert, AZ
Hope you don't mind, I copied and pasted this into a word doc and printed it off to take to my support group to hand out. Sandra
Most Active