Need help with questions.

(deactivated member)
on 7/8/04 2:36 am - Chandler, AZ
Help!! I have an appointment with the surgeon today at 2:10 and I was wondering what are the most important questions I need to ask? I was hoping some of you could help me out with this. Are there any questions looking back you wish you would have asked? Thanks in advance. SandyD
Arizona_Sun
on 7/8/04 5:18 am - Gilbert, AZ
Yes, I wish I had known what kinds of post-op labs they would order and the frequency of those labs. Also, what exactly did they recommend for vitamins and minerals post-op. Then, I could have begun my journey of learning more about vitamins and lab tests before I had the surgery. There is a group on yahoo called OSSG-Protein and in their files section is an excellent list of labs that various post-ops have suggested (from experience over a long period of time and lessons learned). I also have this list on my web site at acdlady.com/WLS_Labtests and I have some vitamin informatioin at acdlady.com/WLS_Vitamins as part of my goal of helping others to learn. There is a lot to learn, but you just have to do it a day at a time. My discovery is that not all surgeons are created equal in how they handle us post-op AND I am still trying to discover a surgeon/clinic who orders some of the tests that should be part of the same grouping (i.e. FERRITIN should be part of the iron profile picture and HOMOCYSTEINE should be part of the B12 picture, yet both are not routinely ordered. Why?). You are probably already out of the house for your appointment. Good luck with your process. Sandra
Tamara T.
on 7/8/04 9:18 am - Claypool, AZ
OMG Sandra I just saw your updated photo!!!! You look Maaaavelous absolutely Maaavelous!!! So proud of you! Tammy
Arizona_Sun
on 7/8/04 9:48 am - Gilbert, AZ
Thanks. I am pleased with how they combined the old and new. Sandra
Most Active