hi everyone

sandi
on 7/2/04 11:49 am - bowie, MD
Hi, my name is sandi, I live in surprise, my surgery was dec 2003. I really would love to communicate with someone who has had this surgery around the same time I did. everything is great as far as the weight loss goes, I am down around 90 lbs I am about 171, so I am feeling pretty normal as far as that goes. the thing is I need to start having a life, I need to go out and start dating, I am just not sure how to go about doing that. I have pushed everyone out of my life throughout the years because of my weight, now I want to start living life and having fun. any ideas out there? thanks, sandi
Michelle B.
on 7/7/04 2:37 am - Phoenix, AZ
Hi Sandi, I haven't had my surgery yet--but as far as getting into the dating scene.. Maybe go out with groups from work, church, go to everything you get invited to..you're bound to meet someone eventually..they're probably not gonna come knocking on your door on their own though!!!
Tamara T.
on 7/8/04 9:16 am - Claypool, AZ
Sandi, I had my surgery 6 months ago today. I am down 110 lbs. As for dating and having a life. I'll tell you, I met my husband on a personals site on the internet. I know people say horrible things about it but it is becoming the new way to date. I met him in person for the first time and was accompanied by my best friend and he was accompanied by his and the rest is history. We got married 7 months ago a month and 2 days before my surgery. I must warn you. It is getting difficult on our marriage since I have lost so much weight, he is getting extremely nervous and jealous. I am getting alot more second glances these days, where it makes me feel great it makes him sullen and withdrawn. You would think that he would be proud to know that other men find his wife attractive and just say ya that's right and she is all mine but no, men have to be idiots some times. So anyway back to your dating . If you do find someone online make sure and go out with other people around you at first. It can be really fun too. Tammy
Most Active