anyone live in phoenix need info

seaworld
on 7/1/04 8:28 am - mcdonough, ga
hi all, i live in orlando, fl. my husband and i are comming out to phoenix in sept. to see if we want to move there. do you like living in phoenix?? how is the weather year around?? is there stuff to do?? is their any wls surgeons in phoenix i would love to work in an office for a wls, i had wls on sept. 26 2003. thanks for all your help )) susie
Shannon R.
on 7/1/04 8:49 am - Mesa, AZ
Hi Susie, Sept. is a great month to come, as it is not so stifling hot here in AZ. I have lived in AZ all my life and love it. 8-9 months out of the year, the weather is incredible, much less muggy than in FLA. The only thing I think AZ lacks is the ocean, oh and good seafood restaurants. The landscape will be a lot different for you. AZ definitely is a desert, especially when compared to the tropical landscape in FLA. Beyond that stuff, it's a great place to live weather wise. There are many WLS surgeons in Phoenix and the surrounding areas. As far as stuff to do is concerned, it depends on what you like to do. There are many nice places to visit, good shopping, beautiful mountains, lots of Native American culture (other cultural experiences can be sorely lacking -- especially in the music department). I'm not sure how it is in FLA, but when I go to other states, I am always amazed at how many mom and pop type restaurants and stores there are. Here in Arizona everything is pretty much a chain. So, that also may take some getting used to. In any event, I hope you enjoy your visit and let me know if you have any other questions. Shannon
seaworld
on 7/1/04 11:46 am - mcdonough, ga
thank you so much shannon, i can wait to visit thanks so much susie
Arizona_Sun
on 7/2/04 12:32 am - Gilbert, AZ
Phoenix is a great place to live. We have been here since 1979 this last time. We also lived here 1973-75 and came back as soon as we could (after USAF detour). This is a large metro area with a variety of things to do. The weather begins to warm up in April, warmer in May (with 90s and 100s usually) and usually over 100 beginning in June. Our monsoon is usually sometime in July-August and this is when our humidity (dew point) goes up and we have frequent storms (dust and thunder). Interestingly enough the whole valley is not usually hit by a storm and they can come in from about any direction it seems, although most likely we will see the clouds building in the east. We live in a valley with mountains that pretty much go all around.. Sepetember is still pretty warm and we don't usually break into the 90s and 80s until October. By around mid-October we are usually back to the 80s range. We have had 100 in March (I remember that year because we were painting our house that weekend). We have also had 122 in June and I remember that because my daughter got her driver's license that day plus I have the t-shirt to prove it. We do live in a desert, but there are times you wonder about that since so many places insist on having "lakes" and lawns. Now where I come from in the midwest our lakes were called ponds. We are in a drought period right now (I think 5 years), but I can remember the times when it did nothing but rain so that does happen on occasion. We have a number of WLS surgeons here. The Barix Centers are in Scottsdale, the WISH Center is in Tempe, Bariatric Center (I think that is the name in Scottsdale) and a number of hospital's have programs for WLS. I thinik the whole valley is pretty much covered. There are support groups and they are continuing to develop in areas where they are needed. I can't imagine living any place else. Sandra Higley (annexed by Gilbert)
(deactivated member)
on 7/2/04 8:56 am - Chandler, AZ
Come on out here the weather is FABULOUS. I moved here the first part of June from WI and love it. I lived in Orlando for a year too and I like the heat here much better. I haven't lived through July and August yet but I love it so far. I am amazed at the beauty of AZ. Phoenix I believe is the fasted growning city in the United States right now so there is plenty of everything including jobs and weight loss surgeons. SandyD
Most Active