AZ Republic Article

Shannon R.
on 6/27/04 4:28 pm - phoenix, az
I read that today. What do you think? I am not sure what my opinion is on it yet. I didn't think it educated people as well as it should have. It focused too much on the negative. I know there are risks but.... Also They are wrong about United. I just got approved, no problem. It took awhile for them to decide but I still got approval. I am just glad that I got approved before reading that, it would have really discouraged me. And the thing about the state employees being covered even when the policy says no because they are exempt or whatever.....That's not true either. I have a friend who is on her very last appeal with Cigna trying so hard to get approved, and she hasn't and she's a state employee.... I would like to know what others thought of this article.... Shannon
Shannon R.
on 6/28/04 9:53 am - Mesa, AZ
I'm a different Shannon R than the one above (we've got the same name! haha). I also think the article focused too much on the negative. But then again, the media is good at only looking at the negative side of an issue. It would have been nice if they had tempered the negative with a bit more positive. The article actually sparked a yucky conversation between my dad and I. After reading about all the risks, he called to try to talk me into reconsidering my decision to have surgery on 7/28. I am definitely not changing my mind, however, I am searching for more positive articles that I can share with him to hopefully remove some of his fears. Shannon =)
Most Active