Dr. Juarez and Dr. Fang patients.....

ntannehill
on 6/27/04 10:36 am - Apache Junction, AZ
Hello, I just had my consultation with Dr. Juarez last Monday. I found him to be very nice and had a good sense of humor. He mentioned that it takes several weeks for them to get the information to the insurance company. I was kinda bummed, guess I thought it would be sooner than that. Obviously I need to work on my patience!! Anyway, I was wondering if anyone else had this experience or if they got the info. to the insurance co. sooner? Just wondering....it is just a waiting game now and I am anxious!! Thanks and hope everyone is doing well, regardless of where you are at in the journey! Nancy
Shannon R.
on 6/27/04 1:34 pm - Mesa, AZ
Hi Nancy, Dr. Juarez is performing my surgery on 7/28. After I got all of the required information to the insurance gal at his office, it took her about a week to submit it to the insurance company. I had my answer from the insurance company about 5 days later. Call your contact at Dr. Fang's office every once in a while to check the status. I hope things move quickly for you and best of luck! Shannon
ntannehill
on 6/27/04 11:21 pm - Apache Junction, AZ
Thanks for the information Shannon. Your surgery is coming right up! Best of luck to you, I know it will go just fine. Thanks again! Nancy
Donya P.
on 6/30/04 6:52 am - Phoenix, AZ
I had my surgery with Dr. Juarez on July 30 of last year. There were a lot of people going through the wls journey at that time and there are probably 3-4 times that many now. Despite the fact that this is very personal to you, you are just one of a lot of their patients. I think they over-estimate the time so they can under promise and you wont be disappointed. I do not recall the timing they told me but I do recall they were calling to schedule me well before I was thinking it is time to bother them. I know that his office staff cares about the patients and they work very hard to do things as quickly as possible. Part of the reason things are so lengthy is because they are the ones in charge of dotting all of the "i"s and crossing all of the "t"s. Rest assured, they will get you thru the process. I know it seems like FOREVER, but you will reflect back on this "waiting" time as the time it took you to learn about your new body's function and the time you need to get prepared. Good luck to you. Dr. Juarez saved my life!
Michelle B.
on 7/1/04 5:54 am - Phoenix, AZ
Hi Nancy, it took about 6 weeks for Dr. Juarez's office to get approval last July for me..(I had One Health Plan)I got approved in Sept, then HAD a surgery date for Feb 6th....had to start all over again because my company changed insurance companies 1/1/04 to AETNA--talk about a pain... so I'm thinkin I'll probably get approved by October this time and maybe have surgery around April...hang in there!!!
Most Active