4 days post op

Lauri D.
on 6/26/04 9:12 am - Phoenix, AZ
My friend had surgery last wednesday and hasn't lost anything yet!!! She is following the diet restrictions faithfully, walking, etc. Has this happened to anyone else? People I have talked to say they lost like 20 pounds in the first week!! What could be going on????
Tamara T.
on 6/27/04 12:40 am - Claypool, AZ
I gained 15 pounds in the hospital because of all of the IV fluids. It came off really quickly by my 1st week. Don't be alarmed. Is your friend drinking all of the water? It will start coming off before you know. Keep walking!! Tammy Lap RNY 1/8/04 110 pounds down
Lauri D.
on 6/27/04 2:50 am - Phoenix, AZ
Thanks for responding so quickly Tammy! yes, she is drinking almost 70 oz a day. They said she could have crystal light, or any sugar free caffiene free fluids and count them as water, so that is what we are doing. She is also getting enough protien. Yesterday she had 69 grams. She is also walking 10 minutes every 3 hours. Is that enough? It wierd...its like they didn't do the surgery!!! She has had no problems with nausea, or vomitting or bleeding or anything. (knock on wood). Can it really be this easy, or is it just because she is only on liquids now?
tina0226
on 6/29/04 1:55 am - Greenwood, IN
I gained while I was in the hospital too. I think between 3-6 pounds. It was very depressing. Don't let your friend get upset ... keep doing what she is doing and things will be ok. How is she doing now? Tina
Lauri D.
on 6/29/04 11:14 am - Phoenix, AZ
Hey Tina, She is doing wonderful!!! She has started to lose...about 4 pounds a day!!!!! She is now down 12 pounds down from when we got home!!! Thanks for the support!!!
mailbag
on 6/29/04 5:07 pm - Imperial, CA
Most Active