Buddies...loosing...& help

Marcie (.
on 6/25/04 1:41 pm - Yuma, AZ
Greetings fellow WLS friends I need some information...excuse my ignorance! I have read several posts about some who have gained or stopped loosing. My question is this...how/why? I started out at 340 and am now 7wk. PO Lap RNY...with a 50lb loss. I am TERRIFIED I will do something and not reach my goal! I have read a hundred plus posts and we all do things differently...from when we introduce "solids", what Vitiamins/Minerals to take and even the amount of water and Protein drinks to take in our day. I have seen desparities and want to make certain I haven't been confused, I am most interested in knowing why one would stop loosing...or how one could gain? We have all had this surgery...what ever type it may be, to lgain controp of our life...I want to make certain I give my poor abused body all the breaks it deserves! Thanks in advance to anyone *****sponds to this. I feel so lucky finding this site and acknowledge all the wonderful support and help so many of you take the time to give! Marcie
Judy A.
on 6/26/04 12:56 pm - AZ
Hi Marcie, I'm still preop (rats!) but my surgeon says you can gain weight if you eat just one meal a day. That's one continuous meal, or if you drink fattening drinks ......milkshakes, drinks with sugar. Or if you don't exercise. Just follow the program, go to support groups, keep checking in online and you'll be OK. Judy
mailbag
on 6/29/04 5:20 pm - Imperial, CA
Yoy are doing ok!! the ones who are gaining or stop losin is pushing their "tool" to see if it really works, and most were "on the fence" they should see where it takes them and be happy, not everyone who needs wls is approved Thanks the lord, you are doing great, I live near you, we go over to pairadice to play bingo and used to go for "rolled tacos at "MR. G"S by the school, on 4th ave, I use to commute for 15 years from El Centro to yuma,while being a clerk for U.P.S> we use to go to the dog racesn but thet are gone & they are swap-meets now,I'm made alot of friends who are "snowbirds, they use to ship tangalos back to where they live in the winter ,now that wls is coming up,no more MR> G"S Tacos all the ups drivers use to pitch-in and I'd go get the tacos before 8:00 p.m. (smile) I just turned 50, and enjoying my granbabies ,live near Calexico now gonna take a then off to see ya I love this site too! TRISH
Most Active