:help: Looking for a buddy

Del C.
on 6/24/04 4:07 pm - Gilbert, AZ
I was just wondering if there was someone out there who wouldn't mind being my support buddy. I'm pre op 21/2 weeks and very nervous. I don't want my children to know how nervous I am because they'll get nervous and I don't need that. Is there someone out there who could give me some encouraging words? I've waited a long time for this surgery. I'm not going to wimp out, but I could use some encouragment. I've been reading some of your profiles and they're wonderful. Thanks for listening. Del
Diane A.
on 6/24/04 6:37 pm - phoenix, az
hi i was the same way before my surgery i got a bad case of the jitters i think we all do.look at it this way you are doing it for your heath to be there for your kids. it is worth it in the end. but remember it's a tool not a quick fix you will have to work at it down the line after the first few months i know what i'm talking about i stopped losing after about 6 months and a loss of 80 lbs(start 309 )but gained 20 back so it can happen don't do what i did and think the surgery will do it for you . now i'm the one who needs support to get back in line and eat right and get my butt moving so if you would like i would like to keep in touch via email to give you support and talk if you need to i think it will help me also to do what i should be doing to get back on track and lose the rest of the weight i need to lose thanks diane aguado anyone who would like to email me please do at [email protected]
Del C.
on 6/25/04 5:04 am - Gilbert, AZ
That would work for me. Thanks you're a jewel. Del
Marcie (.
on 6/25/04 1:30 pm - Yuma, AZ
Hi...just got on my FAVORITE web site of late and saw your reply to the girl who wanted a "buddy". How nice of you to offer such words of comfort and wisdom. I am 7 weeks po lap rny...and have lost about 50 lbs...starting at 340. I am just starting to eat regular food...allowable I might add but am concerned as to some of the things I have read. I was told to watch the sugar...no more than 10gm and protein 50-100 is ideal. I don't go over the sugar allowance and sometimes reach 50 gm of protein in the day...having a heck of a time with the powder drinks YUCK! You mentioned something about gaining...or not loosing. My question is how? I can't eat enough in a day, all total meals, to fill a small plate. I figure I have about 500-700 calories a day. I don't exercise enough but try to get some walking in every day. I am visiting family and playing grandma...waiting for a new baby to arrive! I keep busy helping with housework 2-3 times a week but that about does it for my exercise. When I return to Yuma this fal, I hope/plan on joining Curves...that should help some. How do you think you stopped loosing...your help will certainly give me a heads up. I am so hungry to link up with "others" like us but as yet haven't found anyone in Yuma. Thanks, Marcie
mailbag
on 6/29/04 8:13 am - Imperial, CA
Hi I just posted anyone from Yuma I'm 44 miles from Yuma i have to wait until 7/22/04,I live in Heber near Calexico 10 miles from El Centro there isn't anyone around here who has had it done it would be nice to have a buddy I'm doing lap, you had the lap-band biting my nails almost July!!!! happy to have from you e-mail me Trisha
Arizona_Sun
on 6/24/04 11:38 pm - Gilbert, AZ
Hi Del - I live in Higley (Gilbert) and would love to keep in contact with you. Where are you having your surgery? What type of surgery are you having? What date is your surgery? Your profile provides no information so I am asking. I live at about Power Rd/Guadalupe Rd (SW) to give you an idea of my location. Sandra
Del C.
on 6/25/04 5:12 am - Gilbert, AZ
Hi Sandra, I live in the Val Vista Lakes area - just down the street from you. Val Vista and Guadalupe Rd. We're real close. I'm the Gastric Bypass surgery at St. Luke's Hospital. My doctor is Dr. Zauhn. The reason I don't have anything on my profile is because I don't know how to work it (embarrassed). I read everyone elses and wonder how they get their whole journal on there. I can't figure it out. My surgery is on July 13th. Thanks for keeping in touch, Sandra. You do have my e mail address, right? If not it's [email protected] Del
TheMuse
on 6/25/04 2:19 am - Puyallup, WA
Hello Del, First of all let me say you are not alone in your feelings. We have all been there, are there, or will be there eventually. I went through the full gammut of emotions prior to surgery from elation to fear and sometimes a combination of those and everything in between. I remember going through before and after pics like a mad woman for comfort, it made me feel better to see the success stories. Know that you are never alone and we are here for you whenever you need to vent, its good to get it out rather then to keep it in. I did the same thing I didnt want my family to think I was afraid or that I had any doubt, they had enough and didnt need the additional pressure. I needed to be strong for them, know that you can turn to us when you need strength and reassurance! Feel free to write anytime, I've been there. You will be fine and next year at this time you will be healthy and strong, doing things you never imagined! Good luck and Gods blessings for comfort and strength right now and always. Hugs, Heather April 3, 2003 Dr. Steven Simon, Lap RNY 375/195/Happy
Del C.
on 6/25/04 5:22 am - Gilbert, AZ
Great Words, Heather, I really need to hear this stuff. KEEP IT COMING! lol I find myself doing the same thing, I go through profiles and look at pictures of everyone and try to imagine myself on the other side. I can't wait for that. Like I said, I'm not wimping out, I'm going through with this surgery because I know what the outcome will be if I don't. Keep in touch, Del
azldsgal
on 6/25/04 4:58 am - Chandler, AZ
Hey Del, I have not gone thru the surgery yet but there is a wonderful support group that I just started going to in Chandler. It is over by Chandler Hosp on Dobson and I think the next one is July 13th but I have to check my calendar to make sure. I think you would really enjoy it. Christina
Most Active