Does Dr. Zahn do Lap?? Anyone know??

Judy A.
on 6/20/04 2:26 pm - AZ
Hi, Just wondered if Dr. Zahn always does open or if he also will do Lap? Also has any qualified for surgery that doesn't have a group policy? Anyone with individual insurance and if so who was the carrier? Thanks for any info. Judy
cindy
on 6/21/04 8:31 am - Mesa, az
I think that Dr. Zahn has done the Lap procedure, but not that many. He is a excellent surgeon, he was my surgeon, and I found out that he does the open RNY, but is a pioneer in WLS, so he has done many many open procedures. Go to his seminar and ask him about the lap procedure, he will tell you that he does not do them. Cindy Smith Open RNY 8-6-03 -143 lbs
tina0226
on 6/21/04 1:15 pm - Greenwood, IN
I had Dr. Zahn just like Cindy ... no he doesn't do lap ... I asked him why. He said he likes to be able to get in there with his own hands and make sure everything is ok. He doesn't like to rely on a camera to do the job ... plus he said part of it is because he is older and has always done things hands on. He is the best ... I would recommend him to anyone. I had United Healthcare ... no problems getting approved. Tina
Del C.
on 6/24/04 3:55 pm - Gilbert, AZ
Hi Judy, Dr. Zahn is my doctor and I remember at the seminar they said he doesn't do the lap. I don't know if anything has changed though. Good luck Del
Becky Stark
on 6/25/04 7:55 am - Lake Havasu City, AZ
I have heard that Dr Zahn does not do LAP but his partner Dr Juarez (or something like that) does do them. Becky Stark
Lauri D.
on 6/27/04 2:58 am - Phoenix, AZ
Dr Zahn does not do Lap, only open. Currently he does not have a partner, but he will be getting one soon who will be doing Laps. The other office at St Lukes has Juarez and Fang. Both of them do Laps. Good luck!!!!
Most Active