I'm EATING!!!! ARRRGGGHHH!!! Help me!!!

Michelle I.
on 6/18/04 6:17 am - Tucson, AZ
Okay my consern is the fact that I'm able to eat a whole sandwich now, and still be a bit hungry, or two slices of pizza, or well just anything, grant it its not the whole pizza or 3 sandwiches, but its a bit scary now that my stomach size has increased to a normal person's serving amount, Like I eat with people and instead of them looking at me like i'm a freak because I can eat only eat a few ounces, they have become so used to me eating like that, and now when I eat and possibly ask for more on my plate and eat it all....they are soooo worried and frankly so am I. Is there a way to reduce your food intake again...I freak that the sense of fullfillment has been lost again, being that was my original problem. I'm not gaining, nor am I losing weight , and I know I should focus on better foods, and I'm starting to exercise again, but what should I do!!!!!? Go on liquids again for awhile??? or STRICKLY protien??? Any suggestions?! Please help!.....or just tell me if i'm not the only one! so i can feel some what normal
tina0226
on 6/18/04 2:05 pm - Greenwood, IN
Have you tried to limit your portion size. Meaning when you get your meal box up what you know is more then you should eat. Also try slowing down and really chewing your food good. Before weight loss surgery I was always told to drink 1 hour to 30 minutes before a meal to help fill you up. I don't know if this will help but it is worth a shot. Tina
baybekmbrly
on 6/18/04 11:56 pm - SomeWhere, NY
Michelle, Drink water up to 15-30 mins before your meal... You will deinifely feel fullness MUCH quicker... Also waiting 1-2 hrs after your meal to drink fluids will help with staying fuller longer! Take Care, Kim
Michelle I.
on 6/19/04 3:23 am - Tucson, AZ
Thanks for the suggestions! I will defently try that!
Donya P.
on 6/30/04 6:58 am - Phoenix, AZ
What has been working for me: I wouldn't know if I "can" eat more because I don't try. I know in my head what the size of my allowable portion is and I don't try to eat more. If I am bringing my lunch to work, that is easy because I just fill a certain size container. If I am eating out, I, in my mind, push around the food on my plate so I only eat that same physical amount. It worries me to hear you can eat sandwiches and pizza. To get back on track, remember staying away from breads. There is nothing nutritional that you need from that so stick to the lunchmeat or the pizza topping only. This (regardless of how much you eat) will be 100% nutritionally valuable for you which will only aid in your ultimate healthiness. Especially since you need more energy to begin working out again. I have halted drastic weight loss recently and have attributed it to eating close to normal again. I've gone back to the basics and am losing once again (protein first, get in your water, exercise)
Most Active