I AM APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shannon R.
on 6/8/04 9:07 am - phoenix, az
I cannot even believe it! After 2 1/2 years and 3 insurance companies later I am FINALLY approved! I won't go through all the boring details of my phone call with UHC but I wanted to get online asap to let everyone know because of ALL the great support you guys have been and will continue to BE!!! WWWAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
cindy
on 6/8/04 2:35 pm - Mesa, az
I am doing a happy dance for you Soon you will be on the losing side, Yahoooooooooooooooooooooo Cindy Smith Open RNY 8-6-03 -140 lbs
HarleyGirl
on 6/8/04 3:55 pm - Maricopa, AZ
Hooooray for you! Glad all worked out for you. Keep me posted on your dates. Paula
Judy A.
on 6/8/04 10:51 pm - AZ
Hi Paula, Oh girl I am so very happy for you. You are so pretty in the photos on your profile, can't imagine how beautiful you will be soon. And now for the selfish question. Do you have insurance through your work or is it an individual policy? I have been fighting with my insurance for about a year and looking for one that still approves WLS. Judy
Shannon R.
on 6/9/04 5:39 am - phoenix, az
Judy, I have united health care through my work. I have the highest coverage they offer at my work. If you are employed, my first suggestion would be to make sure that you have the best plan offered. That always helps cuz it usually covers more. I know some UHC plans have written exclusions and make it really hard to get it covered. mine said it had to be medically necessary plus have the psych eval, diet program, nutrition and excercise classes, and be in a support group. So, each plan is different. Cigna is really hard to go through, but I know a lot of people have had success with blue cross/blue shield. Good luck and never give up! I had to go through 3 insurance companies before I could get approved. I was reaaaaally lucky that my company i work for decided to change insurance companies last year or I would still be fighting cigna....that's not fun! Let me know if I can help!! Shannon
ntannehill
on 6/9/04 3:25 am - Apache Junction, AZ
Congrats Shannon! I am happy for you! I have not yet had my stuff sent to insurance, but I know we all play that waiting game and it is awful! I am glad your wait is over. I wish you continued success on your journey!!
Most Active