United Health Care

nicnic
on 5/24/04 7:25 pm - mesa, az
Hey Shannon! Sorry but I don't know wjo Ginny is?!? I've been in revenue acctng since April 02...part of travel agency audit. I am still out on leave right now since tomorrow it will be 3 weeks since i had the surgery. Mayo was a mess....I didn't even bother to appeal, and it sounds like it was a waste of time. My bmi prior to surgery was 38.7 and my co-morbidities were acid reflux, high cholesterol and fatty liver. I didn't have any of the "big" ones like diabetes, high blood pressure or sleep apnea, so I really thought my chances were slim. Also, being less than 100 lb's overweight was working against me too. However, things went very quickly with UHC and I was very happy about it. I had my procedure done laproscopically so the incisions are barely noticeable. I was planning to go back at 4 weeks, but have found this to be much more challenging than I thought it would be. I haven't yet broken the news that I will more than likely stay out another 2 weeks. They won't be happy about it at all.....oh well. The work will be there when I get back! Good luck to you!! Nicola
Shannon R.
on 5/25/04 7:46 am - phoenix, az
Ginny was there before that I think. I called UHC yesterday (2 times0 and they said it is definately in review. I have been told that it is suppose to be fast once it gets to the nurse for review. but they say it still takes some time. SOOOO....I am praying really really hard that the decision comes any day now!!! I will keep everyone posted....Yesterday I was so nervous at the thought of the nurse reviewing it, I was sick all day long!!! So, I am now keeping myself busy so I don't call them 100 times a day!! Cuz I will if I am able....they would probably ban me I would be such a pest! I have to get open with dr. zahn, that's all he does....but I don't mind. I want to take as much time as possible. My job in soc is pretty stressful at times so I could use the nice 6 week break!!! Shannon
Shannon R.
on 5/26/04 6:18 am - phoenix, az
ok, i just called UHC and now I am frustrated again. They told me on my several last phone calls (i have been calling everyday) that a nurse was assigned to it. I asked them specifically if one had been assigned and they kep telling me yes. Now I call and he says it's pending going to a nurse. I told him that was different than what other people had told me and he asked if I had gotten the name of the nurse from them. I said no, they didn't give that to me, they just insisted that it was on a nurses desk ( and that is a quote ). so, i am thinking it's going to be any day that I get a decision on it, but now I find out that it's not even at the nurse to review yet....how can several other people have one answer but then all of a sudden the news changes.. ......rrrrrrrgggggghhhhhhhh.....so, still waiting!!!!!!!!!!!
Most Active