Help

Susan D.
on 5/19/04 4:30 pm - Mesa, AZ
I am currently a person who had surgery years ago. I have gained a lot of my weight back. I want to loose it and fast. Is it better to go see a doctor again and get some type of band or should I just go on a liquid diet and see what happends first? I am on iron because it was low. Otherwise I am ok with other medical issues. Thanks Susan
chrisrau
on 5/20/04 6:42 am - Phoenix, AZ
I'm sorry to hear of your weight gain and feelings of frustration and panic. I don't know anything about redos, but whether you do surgery or a diet, it's not going to be fast. It's taken me over six months to go thru all the tests and get all the insurance approvals to have the surgery. Actually, I started the process about nine months ago. I know the surgery is much better then it used to be, but I can assure you that the testing requirements and hurdles you have to overcome to have the surgery are much greater then in the past. It is daunting. I had to have a sleep study, psych eval that cost $400, heart tests, documentation from every doctor I'd ever seen, stomach tests etc. It has been almost a full time job for the last six months. Newhoff and Simon are extrememly experienced Doctors who do this surgery. Newhoff does open and Simon does Lap. Since yours is a redo, I'm sure you would have to go in for a special consultation. Their number is 602-264-0910. They are strict: No smoking, and you must follow all of their dietary and exercise guidelines, you must walk every 1-2 hours after surgery in the hospital even at night. The waiting list is long so you need to be patient. Wishing you the best. Peace Chris
Susan D.
on 5/20/04 11:30 pm - Mesa, AZ
Thanks for your reply. I am not sure what my options are. I know I need to do something before I am at the top of my weight again. I am really trying so I know that I am able to follow the plans. I will contact their office on Monday and see what they can do regarding an appt. and my insurance issues. Thanks again Susan
Trisha
on 5/20/04 2:00 pm - Glendale, AZ
There's no quick fix. You know liquid diets aren't long lasting. As soon as you eat food weight will come back. So I would scratch the liquid diet idea out the window. If you feel another weight loss surgery is necessary to save your life, see your doctor. Your doctor can recommend what is best for you. I wish you the very best! Hugs, Trisha
Susan D.
on 5/20/04 11:33 pm - Mesa, AZ
You are right I need to learn how to eat right where I do not regain the weight back. I had no support at the place I had my first surgery. I will call doctors office for an appt on Monday. Thanks For Your support. Susan
Most Active