One month and 37 lbs GONE

baddgurrl
on 5/12/04 2:58 am - Chino Valley, AZ
I have had a pretty smooth recovery and am losing steadily. One new thing that has come up is that my period came very late (extremely unusual for me), but in reading thought that perhaps I would not have one for awhile, which would be just fine, then it started and I who ususally am right on time with very light periods lasting about 4 days have had one hellaciously heavy period. I am wondering how long this sucker will last, have also had some big time cramping with this. I understand that changes are happenning within my body , but am also wondering if going on BC would help to regulate this a little more, guess I really have to wait and see what happens next time also. I am currently not on anything because my significan other has a had a vasectomy.
(deactivated member)
on 5/12/04 8:57 am - El Mirage, AZ
EXACTLY why I am on BC pills. (no chance of babies with my hubby either...lol) The pill also helps me with otherwise KILLER headaches. I am almost 6 months post op, and my last peirod was just NOW, back to how it USED to be. Boy, it sucked for awhile there. Mine are a low estrogen dose, as again, I'm not taking them for the pregnancy risk. (my "babies" are 11 and 15!! Not going "there" again) Good luck!! It'll level off again. Michelle
Tamara T.
on 5/13/04 8:37 am - Claypool, AZ
Wow Carol, I am 4 months post op and am still having horrendous periods. I swear every month that I am going to have to get a blood transfusion. I am hoping that I won't have to go on BC. I'll give it another couple of months.
granola
on 5/13/04 9:45 pm
Ladies, Ladies, Dang you make me glad to be 54!!!! Thanks for the memories (NOT). LOL Jeannie
baddgurrl
on 5/14/04 7:01 am - Chino Valley, AZ
Yeah this is sucking majorly , I thought it was the end of the blood bath yesterday, but it sure don't seem to be ending , this is awful and it seems to be harkening me back to my teenage years before kids. I know sometimes I can be a little impatient , but this is not pleasant WHY can I not be one of those women who just doesn't have one for months?? I told my boyfriend last night I would have made a great cavewoman , in great times of famine I would still be pumping out the babies. Oh well my new name should be Bloody Mary better laugh before I cry, thanks for commiserating ladies!!
Trisha
on 5/14/04 4:17 pm - Glendale, AZ
Congrats on being 37 lbs gone in a month! Yahoo!!! That is a shock to your system so I'm sure your system is trying to adjust. Hang in there! Trisha in Glendale
baddgurrl
on 5/16/04 5:32 am - Chino Valley, AZ
Thanks Trisha and everyone I am glad to report the great red tide has ended for now!! It was spotty coming on , heavy and cramping and then long spotting to the end, let's hope my body figures this thing out!! I know another girl who had the surgery the same day as mine and she has lost 35 lbs also, so I am glad for her too, it's wonderful and I am feeling better already!! There should be a lot less grumpiness around my house now that Mother Murphy ha**** the road!! Whew that was a long one ugh.
Most Active