New to AZ

granola
on 5/10/04 1:29 pm
Hi ya'll, I am moving to Arizona the end of this month from California. I am pretty active on two other boards but now that I am going to be there I want to get some local "color" and support. I will be in the Desert Hills area north of Scotsdale. I am 10 months postop - down about 170 pounds and life looks very different to me today than it did one year ago. I have fallen in love with Arizona in postop recovery and have decided to live out my days in the high desert. I have made that happen and named my new home Destiny. I have bought a Harley Softail at the age of 54 and want to ride the desert with freedom and abandon. My life is looking much more simple than it has in California and I'm ready for the change along with the new body and attitude. Thanks for the welcome ahead of time. I hope I have something to bring to the Arizona board and am looking forward to officially being from Arizona!!! Jeannie
lemarie22
on 5/10/04 11:39 pm - Glendale, AZ
Hi Jeannie, Welcome to Arizona! This board isn't a very busy one, but the support groups that I've been to are pretty lively. I'm not familiar with support groups in Scottsdale or on the East side of the valley, but you're more than welcome to ride on over to the West side and attend some of those meetings if you choose. BTW - I'm so jealous of the Harley. lol Connie
granola
on 5/10/04 11:46 pm
Hi Connie, Thanks! This is not a very active board is it? The Cali board jumps and the Over 50 forum is quite fun. I will count on the East side for a support group - need to get directions and times from you k? Will be moved there by the second week of June - Yippee! Yup, Ruby is a lot to be juealous of! She's a kick and my best friend these days. LOL Jeannie
Marie F.
on 5/11/04 11:52 am - Glendale, AZ
Hi Connie, Do you have an address to any meetings on the west side?
lemarie22
on 5/11/04 1:47 pm - Glendale, AZ
Marie, Check the new thread titled Support Groups. There are two that have meetings on the West side. One at 61st and Olive and one on the faaaaaarrrrrrrrrr West side. Connie
Marie F.
on 5/11/04 1:52 pm - Glendale, AZ
Oh thanks, I'll do that
Marie F.
on 5/11/04 11:46 am - Glendale, AZ
Welcome! And you'll be in a nice area too! I love change, in fact thats how I came to live in Arizona. My brother is a sergeant with the fire dept in Atlanta and he has 4 Harleys! Those are his kids! He drops by on his way to Sturgus SD every year. Drop me an email sometime.
lemarie22
on 5/11/04 1:44 pm - Glendale, AZ
I've posted a new thread of support groups. I'm hoping that anyone who knows of groups that are not on the list will add. Connie
Most Active