How long to schedule?

ntannehill
on 5/6/04 6:53 am - Apache Junction, AZ
Hello, my name is Nancy, I am new to this site. I love reading all of the questions and answers. Thanks to everybody for your tips and answers. So, I know I am impatient, I was just wondering if anybody is a patient of Dr. Hilario Juarez? How long after the consultation did it take to get your surgery date? My consulation is June 21st. I am just trying to get an estimate on what my wait time might be. Thanks for any input!!!
lisaw072004
on 5/6/04 11:33 am - E. Mesa, AZ
Hi Nancy! Welcome to the site. It's the best place to get WLS information and support. We are all friends here. I talked to Beth at Dr. Juarez's office yesterday, and she said Dr. Juarez is scheduling surgery in October, but Dr. Fang has openings in June. So Dr. Juarez is about 4 months out. That is not too bad for a good surgeon. I met him and liked him a lot. My surgeon is suppose to be Dr. Fang but I have never met him yet. I really have no preference, both surgeons are good, so I guess it is just a matter of when your insurance is approved and when you want your surgery scheduled. I had my consultation on April 13, but I have had all of the necessary testing and diets for some time. I was approved last year but had to cancel due to a blood clot. Good luck with your journey! You are in good hands! Lisa W.
Wendy T.
on 5/6/04 5:22 pm - Apache Junction, AZ
Hi Nancy, I had my consult with Dr. Juarez last June 27, 2003. They never sent my information to my insurance until August (it took a month for them to get their transcription back from my consult with them ) I got approved in August and scheduled for surgery for Feb. 3, 2004. I had a long wait. Some of the wait was due to the holidays and some of it was because Dr. Juarez took a month off when his baby was born. I had to wait for Dr. Juarez as Dr. Fang was not covered under my insurance. I was very annoyed with the long process. I am glad that I hung in there though. It so far seems to be well worth the wait. Take Care, Wendy T.
ntannehill
on 5/6/04 11:21 pm - Apache Junction, AZ
Thanks for the updates! Sounds like it will be a bit of a wait, but it will be worth it. Is is so hard to wait!! Thanks again and continued success to you guys! Nancy
Carrie B.
on 5/10/04 5:49 pm - Phoenix, AZ
In October! Wow, he must be mighty busy. My initial consult is tomorrow with Dr. Juarez. Do you know if they schedule the date for surgery only AFTER the insurance company has approved it? Ree
ntannehill
on 5/10/04 11:17 pm - Apache Junction, AZ
Hi Ree! I actually called the Dr. office yesterday. I spoke with Pat who was very friendly. Here is what I found out. First of all, to answer your question---I don't think they schedule your surgery until they have the approval from your insurance. I am not 100% sure on this, but that was my impression. Now, Pat said that Dr. Juarez is scheduling in Sept/Oct. right now. Dr. Fang is scheduling in June. I think another gal mentioned that already. you might want to check with your insurance to see if both Dr.'s are covered. Pat said it doesn't really matter which one you schedule your surgery with. Good luck with your consultation! Hope this helps....Nancy
Carrie B.
on 5/11/04 9:13 am - Phoenix, AZ
Thanks for the info, it's much appreciated! Hugs, Ree
Carrie B.
on 5/11/04 9:13 am - Phoenix, AZ
Thanks for the info, it's much appreciated! Hugs, Ree
Most Active