Help Please

Kanani A.
on 5/1/04 4:31 pm - Tucson, AZ
Does anyone have AHCCCS/ Pima Health Plan I need to know what to expect from them and how to go about getting things done and approved please help. I will just be starting the process of trying to get approvred for surgery
Wendy T.
on 5/4/04 10:28 am - Apache Junction, AZ
Hi Kanani, I know some AHCCCS plans cover WLS. I don't know about Pima HEalth Plan. Call customer service and ask them if they cover it and what is the criteria. I know Mercy Care required that it be medically necessary for a friend of mine. Good Luck. Take Care, Wendy T.
Kanani A.
on 5/4/04 2:49 pm - Tucson, AZ
Thank you Wendy T. so much. I did call last week and they said they do cover it as long as it is medically necessary. I didn't ask about the criteria. So tomorrow I will call and ask. I guess I'm afraid of rejection. I know that it is medically necessary I have alot of health problems. I have read so many profiles and I can't believe what people have gone through. I really really need this surgery. Anyways thanks for the help and the good luck I'm going to need it.
Sheryl Tilley
on 5/6/04 6:30 am - Prescott, AZ
I know that AHCCCS - both AP/IPA and Mercy Care (also AHCCCS) - cover the weight loss surgery if it is medically necessary. You need co-morbidities or a strong family history of co-morbidities. Sheryl
Most Active