having a drink post-up????

MIA N.
on 4/26/04 11:41 am - VAIL, AZ
hello there again everyone!!! this is Mia, doing good down 45lbs now and going to start going to the gym this weekend!!! anyways my question, when can you if at all have a drink? i am going out of town to disneyland with my sister (without kids!!!, this is a adult vacation). by the time we going i will be about 6 mos. post-op? what is everyone's thoughts on this. i don't drink normally but just in case we go to a nice place for dinner can i have a drink? thank you Mia
baybekmbrly
on 4/26/04 12:11 pm - SomeWhere, NY
Mia, I was drinking a 1-2 glasses of wine everynight since 4 months post-op.. But then just recently was diagnoisied with Acid reflux so I had to stop the alcohol consumption.. I would say just take it easy your first time drinking, since your tolerance will be a lot lower then what it was before... I think most dr's recommend that you have no alcohol until you are 6 months post op.. So I think it should be fine for you when you go on vacation Have a good time! Take Care, Kim 272/142/135 -130lbs
(deactivated member)
on 4/27/04 2:11 pm - El Mirage, AZ
I'm 5 months post op. I'll have a few beers now and then when I go out . 3 is my max, esp. since I like to drink Guiness and only if I'm not driving. I might have a MGD now & then at home. As for how it hits me, that depends if I had food in my tummy recently (after the 1/2 hour of waiting) but I'd def. make sure you had a decent meal in you or you WILL feel it. I had a can last night, and it hit me. Glad I was home and not having to drive! While I'm not out to sabotage all my hard work, and blessings from this surgery...I'm VERY glad I that can still enjoy beer! (hell, no more bread..or very little, and chocolate is no longer a vice for me.,..lol) Good luck!! ~Michelle 11/21 post op -58-60 pounds or so
Tamara T.
on 4/29/04 1:27 pm - Claypool, AZ
Mia I had my first drink on my birthday 2.5 months post op and you really need to have food in you or it will hit you hard! I actually got drunk. First time in a really long time.
Most Active