Any suggestions???

Helen S.
on 4/20/04 9:22 am - Phoenix, AZ
I am looking for suggestions - I am really new post-op (8 days) - and I realize this will take time. But I am fairly shakey, and, of course, have no energy. I feel like, if I could actually have sugar, it would give me an energy boost of some sort (after I dumped, of course!) - but that is not an option. Is there something or some way to get more energy. I am trying to stay active, but as shakey as I feel, that is not easy. I would appreciate any suggestions, really!!!! Thanks
Arizona_Sun
on 4/20/04 11:45 am - Gilbert, AZ
Are you doing protein shakes? I was doing them at this stage and they were a blessing and help to reduce or eliminate cravings. My preferred protein shake is Champion Pure Whey Stack from vitalady.com, but there are other good ones out there. It is okay to take care of yourself right now. You will feel shakey and tired for some time. Sandra
baybekmbrly
on 4/20/04 1:08 pm - SomeWhere, NY
Helen, To be honest with you, no matter what you eat, drink or do, that next couple of weeks you are going to have low energy and feel exhausted at times.. But it doesn't last forever.. I was exhausted the first 2 weeks out, but didn't get my full energy levels bac****il about 1-1 1/2 months post-op. I wouldn't eat anything real sugary this early out, maybe try some orange juice. Take Care, Kim 272/145/135
tina0226
on 4/20/04 1:47 pm - Greenwood, IN
Like the other said this is normal. Remember your body just went thru a very major surgery ... it is gonna take time to heal. Keep up on the protein and liquids and in no time you should feel better. If this continues I would give you doctor a call and just let them know what is going on. Tina
baddgurrl
on 4/20/04 2:38 pm - Chino Valley, AZ
Orange juice is pretty darn sugary, you need protein to help, maybe up it a little. Hopefully this will pass.
Vicky H A.
on 4/21/04 3:21 am - Maricopa, AZ
Helen, This is going to sound stupid. Are you getting your fluids in? If you are even a little dehydrated you will become shaky, tired and irritable. Try drinking more and see if that helps. If it doesn't call Dr. Simon's office and see what they say. Above all, if you feel very weak, forget our suggestions and call the doctor ASAP. Good luck. Vicky
Helen S.
on 4/24/04 3:06 am - Phoenix, AZ
Vicky, Thanks! Yes, I am blessed - fluids are absolutely no problem for me. I quit counting at 64 ounces - so that is not a problem. I fought protein, but can now get them down. And at my followup appt, they DOUBLED my protein (argh) - and said I am right on track. Happy, healthy and losing!!!!! Down 22 lbs at my first appt! Thanks for the suggestions and support!!!! Helen
jennifer A.
on 4/21/04 10:46 am - Glendale, Az
Hi! I seriously felt awful for about the first 2 months which can be common but my suggestions are to get in enough sleep,water and vitamins to help.
Most Active