update post surgery 2/13/04

MIA N.
on 4/15/04 7:35 am - VAIL, AZ
hello everyone, i just thought i would update you on how things are going with me. i had my original surgery on 2-13-04 and was doing fine the first 2 weeks, and then the problem started in the 3rd week. i ended up with a ulcer in my pouch and it ruptured the pouch, i had to be taken back to phoenix via ambulance for emergency surgery and they then cut me open and fixed the problem i was in the hospital then for 6days, i also had to have a feeding tube put in. then i was doing okay for about a week and then i started vomiting up blood lots of blood, so again i was taken back to phoenix and readmitted. they then put me on protonix, (it's for acid), and i was feed through the feeding tube. now i am doing okay, i feel much better, the feeding tube got taken out last week and i went back to work on monday april 12th. so instead of being off work for just 2wks, i was off 2months. just wanted to let everyone know what was up since i haven't written in for a long while. take care mia
Sheryl Tilley
on 4/15/04 9:48 am - Prescott, AZ
Hi Mia! Hope things will now settle down for you and you can enjoy the weight loss without problems. Sheryl
Tammy F.
on 4/16/04 11:33 pm - Fishers, IN
Hi Mia, Very sorry to hear that you had some complications. It sounds like things are getting much better for you now though and that is great news! Take care and please keep us posted, Tammy Open RNY 11/21/03 328/218/175-150
Tamara T.
on 4/18/04 11:25 am - Claypool, AZ
Wow Mia, sounds like you have had a heck of a time. Glad to hear you are better. Take care of yourself. Tammy
Most Active