Here's a 'WHAT IF' question - -

Sheryl Tilley
on 4/15/04 6:49 am - Prescott, AZ
WHAT IF I can't get the PCP to write a compelling enough letter or worst case - write one at all? Will they take the cardiologist's letters OVER the PCP's? Or does the PCP have too much power in this? Sheryl
lisaw072004
on 4/15/04 1:38 pm - E. Mesa, AZ
Sheryl, What I did was to call the PCP's office and talk to the nursing staff. I told them that I would write a letter for the doctor to sign, and that the insurance company would need the letter for approval. I wrote a letter from the PCP to the surgeon and faxed it over. They made a their changes and had it ready for me to pick up. Doctors sometimes DON'T HAVE THE TIME TO write letters, its not that they can't or don't want to, its just that they are already putting in 18 hour days. Good luck! Lisa
dianeb
on 4/16/04 6:09 am - surprise, AZ
I had a great PCP. I wrote the letter myself and he just signed it and recopied it onto his letterhead. I agree with Lisa about doctors not having the time to do the letter themselves plus he said he never had to write one for this procedure and that he and his staff were really busy. I can send you a copy if you want it!?
Sheryl Tilley
on 4/16/04 9:47 am - Prescott, AZ
HI Diane! Yes, could I get a copy of it? I'm terrified I won't be approved and I really need this. My email address is [email protected] Many many thanks! Sheryl
Sheryl Tilley
on 4/23/04 8:27 am - Prescott, AZ
hI Diane! Thanks so much for the letter. I'm sure this will get me approved. How could it not???????? You wrote a wonderful letter. Thanks so much for your generosity in sharing it with me. MANY MANY THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sheryl
Carrie B.
on 5/9/04 8:35 pm - Phoenix, AZ
Diane, would you mind sending the letter to me also please??? [email protected] I would be very appreciative as my PCP has not been able to provide me with a letter for the insurance company yet either. Thanks in Advance! Ree
Most Active