Goodmorning Arizona

marmijo
on 4/8/04 1:15 am - NM
Just wanted to say hello to all and ask about any recomended protein drinks. Please give me your suggestions. I also have a question. My nurse called and advised me to not take any vitamin E before the surgery. Does anyone know why we can't have vitamin E. I was so excited I forgot to ask her.
cindy
on 4/8/04 3:13 am - Mesa, az
I am not 100% sure, and I am by no means a nurse or doctor, but I think it thins the blood. I know that I am on blood thinners and when I have to much Vit K, it will make my blood thinner and cause all kinds of problems. You will be fine, just follow what they are telling you. I drink EAS Myoplex Protein Drinks, I get them at Hi-Health and the Strawberry Banana and the Strawberry Cream are only $3.99 for 4 - 11oz containers, the Dark Chocolate and the Vanilla Cream are $4.99 for 4 - 11 oz containers. Cindy Smith Open RNY 8-6-03 -121 lbs
marmijo
on 4/8/04 1:12 pm - NM
Thank you that makes sense. As always I follow the Doctors orders and I am doing everything they tell even if I don't understand it all.
Wendy T.
on 4/9/04 8:17 pm - Apache Junction, AZ
Hello Martina, I just found a protien drink at Hi-Health that I like. It is a Coffee drink called AchievOne...It has 20 grams of protien. It's in a 9.5 ounce glass bottle like the Starbuck Frappachino's they sell at the grocery store. I also like the Grape Zero Carb Isopure premixed 20 ounce glass bottles. They have 40 grams of protien. I find them a bit too sweet so I put 10 ounces in a bottle and add a little sugar-free grape Kool-aid and sometimes some extra water. I am sorry I can not help you with the Vitamin E question.....I have no idea. Take Care, Wendy T.
marmijo
on 4/12/04 3:58 am - NM
Thank you all for your suggestions. Now I have more questions. I will be in your fair state on 04/19/04. What is the weather like? I know that Arizona gets hot in the summer but how is it now. I am I gonna roast to death or is it tolerable. Do the evenings get cool? Also is crystal lite considered clear liquids.
Cheryl E.
on 4/10/04 1:24 pm - Chandler, AZ
Hi, Martina. My understanding is that Vitamin E keeps your blood thin, which they certainly don't want before your surgery. When is your surgery, by the way? My favorite protein drink (by far) is Nectar, which I think is made by Synthrax. It comes in several flavors. My favorite is Fuzzy Navel (peach flavored), but they have one that tastes a little like a Pina Colada, one that tastes like green apple (and looks like it, too), a berry flavored one, and I can't remember the others. A new flavor is lemonade, which is supposed to be good. There are 0 carbs and 23 grams of protein per drink if mixed as directed. I usually put 1.5 scoops the powder in about 8 ozs of water so that I can get 35 grams of protein in a single drink. More than 35 grams at a time, and your body won't absorb it. I buy Nectar both here in Chandler at Nutrition Warehouse (one of my favorite places) and over the Internet. (One site is VitaLady, where you can buy small samples.) All the best, Cheryl
Stephanie H.
on 4/10/04 5:11 pm - St. Louis, MO
MY favorite protein drink is the Champion Pure Whey Stack in Chocolate or Banana Scream! Yummm... You can get it at Nutrition Warehouse and they do price match so if you find a great deal on the web, print it out and take it with you! These really taste yummy.... Chocolate tastes like YooHoo! Hugs to you, Steph
Arizona_Sun
on 4/17/04 2:08 am - Gilbert, AZ
The Arizona weather is a bit all over the map lately. We have 90s and then lower 80s. To us it is cool, but to someone from somewhere else ... Prepare for layering is probably the best thing for you. The protein drinks that I like the most are Champion Pure Whey Stack in chocolate or cocoa mochachino, Proplete Gold in banana cream and double chocolate, and on occasion the Nectar flavors (they are stronger and I have to use more water to dilute). I especially like the Champion chocolate 1 scoop with 1/2 scoop either double chocolate or cocoa mochachino for a nice flavor combination. I buy mine from vitalady.com exclusively and she carries a lot of vitamins that are good for us too and not priced out of this world. Vitamin E does indeed thin the blood so it is good to be off of it pre-surgery. I went off mine at least a month ahead of time because I knew this. Sandra
Most Active