I got approved

Janice W.
on 3/30/04 1:00 pm - Phoenix, AZ
I posted early on the main board but I'm so happy , that I wanted to share with my local board as well. I got approved by my insurance for the Laparoscopic WLS with Dr. Simon, I don't have my surgery date yet, but I do have my dates for my abdominal ultrasound, pyscological evaluation with an MMPI-2 test ( can someone please tell me what that is), and my pre-op meetings in my surgeons office. I am soooooo happy ........ Jan
baddgurrl
on 3/30/04 11:31 pm - Chino Valley, AZ
The MMPI II is the Minnesota Multiple Personality Index (can't remember the last part), but it is a LONG test that asks many questions, and lots of them the same just phrased differently. It will show if you are attempting to be deceptive, and if there is a personality disorder. As long as you answer truthfully you should be alright I remember a lot of "do you hate your mother" questions, also "do you pick your nose when your driving?", a lot of questions that might crack you up. It should not be such a big deal and less subjective than the psychologists evaluation. Good luck and congratulations.
lemarie22
on 3/31/04 1:31 pm - Glendale, AZ
nicnic
on 4/4/04 1:26 am - mesa, az
Hey Janice,,,,I am in the same boat! I was just approved through insurance for a lap rny with Dr.Simon. I went to the first pre-op appointment with Marcia yesterday, and I have my psych eval on the 8th and 2nd pre-op appointment next Saturday. I'm curious how far out they are scheduling surgery once you have everything complete?? Have you heard? I feel like you do,,,,sooooooo excited! My approval was given within 2 weeks of attending the seminar with Dr.Simon.....and I felt like I won the lottery. Who knows, maybe we'll be scheduled around the same time. Nicola
Most Active