I Crossed My Legs!

Tammy F.
on 3/16/04 10:17 am - Fishers, IN
Hi all! I'm not quite 4 months post op but what an amazing journey it has been so far! I started at 328 and am now at 235...that's 93 pounds gone forever already! The most amazing part of this whole thing to me are the little things that we took for granted when we were of a more "normal" weight before morbid obesity ruled our lives. I can once again go shopping for hours on end without being out of breath or having my knees and back hurt so bad they'd burn. I can once again go bike riding. I can now fit into an airplane seat without having to squeeze myself into it...and fasten the belt and actually have some left over! I can once again have my picture taken and actually like the way I look in it. I can put on clothes that fit...and have lots of them in my closet now that are way too big! I can bend over and tie my shoelaces without struggling for breath or feel like I'm going to squish all of my organs out. I can now breathe without the help of asthma inhalers. My fiance can now hug me and his fingers touch. And last but not least, I can now cross my legs! Just goes to prove that it's the small things in life that always count the most! Wherever you are on your journey, I wish you the best! Tammy Open RNY 11/21/03 328/235/150???
Dennis W.
on 3/16/04 12:22 pm - Dewey, Az
Tammy, so very well said. But crossing my legs is simply not one of my goals. Now then, seeing certain partsof my anatomy that I have not seen is a long time is. Walking is a wonderful thing. I gave up on my pain meds this morning about 6:30 and my wife and I went to Phx. Of course, we ended up at Metro Center and walked from end to end on both levels. Now that my pain meds are wearing off, I truly realize how sore all of my muscles are, especially my legs. I've been on a marathon walk since my surgey on the 8th and I now realize how many muscles I'm now pushing hard. I''m so thankful that the last couple of months, I've been riding my stationary bike at home, several times a week and can only imagine what these new muscle pains would be like if I had NOT started to prepare as my Dr. requested.
Gene H.
on 3/17/04 12:24 am - Ft. Mohave, Az
Too cool, I'm right behind you girl. Can cross your legs, Hummmmmmmm! Good for you and bad for fiance. LOL. The very best to you.............Gene
suzcar51
on 3/17/04 5:55 am - Somewhere in, AZ
Congrats Tammy! Keep up the good work. Hopefully I'll make it to another gathering. Are you still meeting at Denny's?
Tammy F.
on 3/17/04 7:10 am - Fishers, IN
Hi Suzanne! This month we planned a potluck and met at one of the group member's church. I'm not sure what the plan is for next month but I'm sure Shell is on top of it...hehe Good to hear from you!
Tamara T.
on 3/17/04 7:49 am - Claypool, AZ
Tammy I am so right there with you!!! I was completely amazed when I was able to cross my legs too. I am just over 2 months post op and have lost 62 lbs. This is the best time of my life. Keep it up girl!!! Tammy Lap RNY 1/8/04
Sidney R.
on 3/18/04 11:31 pm - Stockbridge, GA
Congratulation Tammy, I can certainly relate, since I still remember how excited I was when I crossed my legs after 20+ years. That was three years ago, as my anniversary is approaching March 27 th. The best part is that you will continue to be gratified by the little pleasures of life along with reaching your greater goals. I finally had a tummy tuck done by Dr. Jeff Nelson here in Tucson. I am quite pleased with the results and looking forward to the hot weather without the problems of keeping clean and dry. I am in great health, still off most of previous meds, have too much energy, and truly enjoy working out. I have kept 120 lbs. off ( from dress size 22 to size 8, even in jeans) for three years now. I can finally eat most breads and a few other things that I thought that I would have to delete permanently, so the surprises never end. Wishing you many great healthful years, Sidney Open RNy 03-27-01 ( Dr. Alan Newhoff/Phoenix)
Most Active