TO DS OR NOT TO DS

Dennis W.
on 3/12/04 7:36 pm - Dewey, Az
Well, my DS surgery was Monday March 8, 2004 and I went under the knife about 8:30AM. I am a strange shaped person, other that just large, I also have a VERY LONG UPPER TORSO. Dr. Simpson was able to complete a full DS type stomach on me, but was unable to reach my lower bowel section even with an extra incision with my Laproscopic Surgery. What I have now, I understand is the lower half of the RNY which has less malabsorptions than the DS. I guess you could say that I'm happy and sufficient with my proceedure, since I'll not have a much trouble with my intake of fatty foods and gas, apparrently. Now, I'm here to tell all of you that I still have the sincere ability to "FLUFFY" with the best of them, but I'm sure that a lot of this will pass in time. Other than this one little hitch, my surgery went absolutely perfect. I never had to push the call button for any of the nurses as I was consistently up and walking. I've never had an type of major surgery previously so this was all new to me. Everyone at Maryvale Hospital in West Phoenix were just a dream to deal with, always smiley and very helpful. What else can I say to all this good stuff except to give my thanxs to everyone from my wonderful surgeon to the cleaning staff, which also allowed be to lock one of them in the closet for a short time and even came out laughing. Thank you all for your support past and future. I know the best is still to come. My highest weight in the hospital from all of the fluids pumped into me was only about six pounds more than when I went in and my weight leaving the hospital was with in a pound of my starting weight. I'm home now and very happy and sore and still on some meds, but hey, I've always been a wimp truck driver and have zero tolerance for pain. This has simply been amazing so far with my DS/RNY
(deactivated member)
on 3/13/04 1:03 am - El Mirage, AZ
Dennis, Wow, that was interesting. Glad to hear you are doing well. Welcome to the "LOOSING SIDE". It's an AMAZING journey. (and one well worth it, if you ask me!) CONGRATS! Michelle 11/21 post op
Dennis W.
on 3/13/04 2:17 pm - Dewey, Az
Yes Michelle, I would ask you. After all you have been through to get to this point, your opinion is highly valued. You are one tough, go get'em gal. I'm just trying to show a little of your strengths and attitudes. This will work and I've really had to go through so little. This has been an easy journey for me to this point. But ya know, I still want it and I want It now.
suzcar51
on 3/17/04 4:46 am - Somewhere in, AZ
Welcome to the other side Dennis. Like you know already, this entire process is so worth it! I'm in my 11th month Post-op and I feel like a kid again! WLS is totally the best thing since sliced bread!
Most Active