Approval letter from surgeons office

baddgurrl
on 3/11/04 9:05 am - Chino Valley, AZ
Today I recieved a letter from my surgeons office saying my Insurance had approved my surgery with him, I have to call patient financial services, which I did to find out my co-pay. And then to schedule my pre-op meeting at the surgeons which I did and that will be on April 9th. How come everybody on here seems to get their surgery dates as soon as their approved? My letter says they will notify me by mail of the date once I do those two things. I am pretty excited I started this whole process in September, and would be done with surgery now had they not dropped my paperwork down the great mysterious hole of never to be found again, and only because I called and they said Oh yeah, the insurance just wants a few tests, but they are not fighting it.............so that delayed me a few months. But compared to what most people have to go through I have been incredibly lucky or blessed or something. Anyhow just thought I'd share the news as my family and boyfriend do not share my enthusiasm. I guess they are worried, but I am worried to stay this way too you gotta be brave I guess so far I am not scared at all.
Trisha
on 3/11/04 9:30 am - Glendale, AZ
Congrats on getting approved!!! Nothing ever seems to be fast in this process. Just be thankful you got approved and your day is coming! Congrats & best wishes!! Trisha in Glendale
Dennis W.
on 3/12/04 12:25 pm - Dewey, Az
Another warm Arizona Howdy Carol....Congratulations on your insurance approval. I was in the same boat as you and your surgery date. My surgeon would not actually give me a date until he had received the insurance approval in "Writing" and not just over the phone. Mine had also "LOST" all of my paperwork prior to approvale. When the new paperwork was resent the phone approval only took 3 days. Hope to see you at the support group thingee next week. I'm sure there's lots of good stories to tell.
Most Active