Connie update

(deactivated member)
on 3/10/04 5:22 pm - El Mirage, AZ
Hope Angel Donna won't mind..but I wanted to say I stopped up @ saw my partner in crime, Connie today. Wished I had seen Donna. She's a HOOT, also. In time...we'll all have to get together! She was looking good. Good color..good sense of humor, as always. I NOW, however, personally believe the woman is a SAINT. She was telling me she woke up in post-op in A LOT of pain. Now, knowing Connie, and some of the things she's been through, hosptital wise...I was surprised. Well, long story short, they didnt even have her PCA pumped, with morhpine hooked UP TO HER. She kept telling the post op nurse that she hurt, and the nurse kept telling her to use her PUMP! DOH!! MAN, I hope the rooms they are putting patients in now (@ Scottsdale Shea) are just a temp. thing. I was NOT impressed with the change since I had been there back in Nov. I think my BATHROOM was bigger than her room. When I had my surgery, as well as Patty, Donna, we had a HUGE suite. HECK, some hotels weren't even that nice. Connie was crammed into this little "ICU looking room". She decided she's get up to walk, after a nurse checked her vitals and reminded her, while she isn't hooked up to an IV, or IV pole, that she certainly can take some liquid Lortab. She passed on that, for the moment, until we got walking. She quickly decided that "YES PLEASE, I'd like some of that after all". What a trooper!! I mean, no PC pump..wow. She had gone without for a lONG time. So, they gave her the liquid, and I'm pretty sure she was a happy, drugged camper after I left. I left when he facial massage lady came in. I'm wondering at this moment, if Connie was even coherent for it...LOL (She was getting pretty glossy-eyed from the Lortab..lol) Anywhoo...I'm just so proud and happy for her. All the "silly things" I have been overjoyed with experiencing, like I bought clothes in the "NORMAL GIRL" section last night! WOWHOOO! Soon, she too will get to experience these little things. She's a great lady, and I simply ADORE her. Take care all... ~Michelle post op 11/21
Most Active