Blue Cross/Blue Shield of AZ PPO

izzy
on 3/8/04 2:50 am - IMPERIAL, CA
for any of you with that insurance, I have a question regarding plastic/reconstructive surgery. I have the most recent provider book for my health insurance, in it I found a few plastic surgeons in Phoenix/Scottsdate and Tucson. Do any of you know if any of the reconstructive surgery is covered? please let me know, I'm considering it, but I just need to know how to begin the process. thanks Isbel RNY 2/11/03 407/250/160?
Gene H.
on 3/9/04 12:56 am - Ft. Mohave, Az
Dear Isbel, I have the same insurance as you. I looked up reconstructive in the health plan book for 2004 and it states that it is covered. Although like wls, it must be shown to be medically necessary, and/or the result of a "prior approved procedure". So, what you will need to do is find a Dr. that does this type of work and make sure he is a BC/BS PPO provider and have him justify the medical necessity for you. You might ask your wls surgeon to recommend a reconstruction Physician that you might be covered by and make an appointment to see him. All info relating to your health plan and providers can be located online at bluecrossaz.com. You may also ask them directly via the net about qualifications and recommendations. You need not be afraid of these people as they are there to help you. I personally have nothing but great things to say about our health plan. They approved me within hours on the first application. Couldn't ask for more than that. Let me know how you fare with this because in about a year I most likely will need to follow the same path. 407/160, WOW
buttercup C.
on 3/12/04 5:07 am - Phoenix, AZ
Hello, Our stats are almost the same....I weighed 411 on my surgery date 02-04-03 and currently weigh in at 226/goal of 170. I am currently trying to get approval for a panni and have started my appeal. I am 5'4 and jave TONS of skin around my middle!!! LOL....small price to pay....I had to remove my profile because of pproblems with my ex..... BUT.... I still come on here everyday.....if you like, respond with your e-mail address and we can chat.... GOOD LUCK TO YOU!!!
Most Active