Here's how it went with my FORMER uninformed PCP....

Sheryl Tilley
on 3/1/04 3:57 am - Prescott, AZ
Hi everybody! I gave Carol Mimless, my PCP, the letter from me about why I should have the surgery which she read -- (I took out the 's' word) - and then she read my 59 day diet diary. She looked at the diet diary and said there were things I shouldn't have eaten -- I said like what -- she said '' this sugar free jello -- I said that's 10 calories. She had a few things like that to say and each one was not valid. She said she wanted a PERFECT diet diary -- well if I could give her that I wouldn't be in THIS shape now would I???? I had typed this letter as everybody saw on my other post about being 'furious'. Then she said I had backed her into a corner by using the word -- UNACCEPTABLE--- do you believe that??????? Then she looked at me and sneered and said this: "I don't think Medicare and ACCCHS should have to pay for it." That was the true bottom line with her. I said so even if I had done the 90 days diet log over again and it was perfection -- you still wouldn't have okayed it - she said No -- I wouldn't have. SO now I am looking for a primary care doc in the Prescott tri-city area who takes Medicare and ACCCHS and believes in bariatric surgery. SHeryl
Sheryl Tilley
on 3/1/04 7:37 am - Prescott, AZ
Hi everybody! well, since I wrote the above, I got a new pcp, sent my doc records to the new pcp and have an appointment already. I got Dr. Jetly and he does take Medicare and ACCCHS and believes in bariatric surgery. Got a lot done in one day. Sheryl
Dennis W.
on 3/1/04 8:58 am - Dewey, Az
Atta girl Sheryl..........It's probably a good thing that you got away from the Family Practice, their office is "UNACCEPTABLE". I was a patient of Dr. Thurston at the same office till he moved to Cottonwood. As a matter of fact, I believe that my blood pressure went down not having to deal with the incompetence of that office. My wife had Dr. Mimless and loved her, but then again she was not a bariatric candidate. We changed to Dr. Little in Presscott Valley and just love him...Just keepa dig'n................
Sheryl Tilley
on 3/2/04 2:03 am - Prescott, AZ
Hi everybody! I was so happy to get up and leave her office -- it really was like there was a dark cloud hanging over the place there. I had bad care there from here before and now I'm wondering if it was because she 'didn't think Medicare and AP/IPA should pay for that' either. The problem one time could have resulted in the loss of my right foot! I had to find a foot doc really fast - she told me just to go home and put a cold compress on it! The foot doctor documented everything I said she told me -- and then got out his poloroid camera and a used a whole roll to verify it in the records. But I stayed with Mimless 'because I liked her'. Isn't that like women that go back to their abusive mates 'because they love them'? I've seen the light!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sheryl
Arizona_Sun
on 3/2/04 12:27 am - Gilbert, AZ
Good for you!! You empowered yourself by taking a stand and now following through with a better option of a new PCP. I am proud of your effort. It is much better to know where this CLUELESS Mimless stands now instead of redoing the diet. Good luck with your appointment and the new PCP. Things are moving forward. Sandra
Sheryl Tilley
on 3/2/04 2:17 am - Prescott, AZ
Hi Sandra - That really was empowering. I felt taller and wiser when I left her office. I can't believe I was a patient there for 4 years. So many people told me to get away from her. Another incident was when my diabetes was in the normal numbers for excellent and she said, "That's good! Now let's UP the meds." I said, "Why? I'm doing great," -- and she said she was heading toward putting me on insulin. And the time she prescribed ativan for anxiety when I was having a bad cough. I asked why ativan? She said well, then you won't feel anxious about having a really bad cough caused by heart meds. She never gave me anything FOR a cough. She did a lot of things like that. It's like she was trying to make me a 'permanent patient'. I felt radiant walking out of there. Oh, the thing she said at the end was, "I won't charge you for today." I said, "You should have never charged anybody until you got it right." Sheryl
April P.
on 3/2/04 5:40 am - Glendale, AZ
I am so happy for you Sheryl! Looks like things are looking up for you! Sounds great. Hey, isn't your seminar coming up soon?
Sheryl Tilley
on 3/3/04 2:07 am - Prescott, AZ
Hi April -- I got a call that Dr. Zahn, himself, is going to have surgery so the seminar has been moved to April. I slept with oxygen last night for the first time and I got up feeling 20 years younger! What an improvement. Sheryl
Gene H.
on 3/9/04 2:41 am - Ft. Mohave, Az
Way to go girl. You might consider a report to the Arizona State Medical Board. The medical field is full of incompitants. These people should be reported to the proper documenting authorities before they cause someone serious harm. I really get pissed off when I hear that they just don't believe in something and force their beliefs off onto you by nature of their position. This Dr. should have a letter in her file for all prospective patients to read. The Better Business Bureau is another good place to plant a bomb. If you haven't done so you should also go to the physician section of this forum and report what you have experienced there. You might save someone else a lot of grief and money and time. Good luck with your new pcp and we will all be here watching from the sidelines. Gene
Most Active