I have a date!!

Lorri M.
on 2/26/04 8:58 am - Phoenix, AZ
With a surgeon that is, March 9th. Wow Im scared and shocked it is so soon. I have no clue yet what to do and what to expect once I wake up from surgery. Any thoughts?
Tamara T.
on 2/26/04 9:48 pm - Claypool, AZ
Hi Lorri, They are going to have you drink some nasty tasting stuff to clean yourself out the day before. After surgery, be prepared it is going to hurt. But nothing that you can't handle. Just remember to get up and walk and drink your water. Tammy
(deactivated member)
on 2/27/04 1:55 am - El Mirage, AZ
Lorri, First off, CONGRATS!! Yes, that IS soon! You'll be so busy, it'll fly right up on you. I had my surgery on 11/21 Take a peak at my profile, around that time. I wrote about my surgery, how it felt, etc. The bowel cleansing the day before is NOT bad at all. I had a lemon-lime flavored Go-Lightly. Not bad at all. If you eat a VERY light lunch...soup, etc, the cleansing is nothing to worry about at all. Be sure to do this by about noon tho. The worst of it was it made my mouth water something fierce!! I've heard of people mixing it with lemonade, etc, but you know what? In my opinion, that is simply MORE of it to get IN you. And again, it wasn't bad tasting at all. Honest-to-GOD, the WORST experience for me..was the SWALLOW test. (not even SURGERY was that bad!!) Dear GOD, that was the most VILE, awful stuff I have EVER tasted in my life!!! They'll get you to take a good gulp of it the FIRST time, but the second time, you're too wise to take a huge sip again..lol (NO WAY!!) I had 2 c-sections, so honestly, this surgery was a cake walk for me. VERY little pain. The nurses would get on me about NOT using my pain pump. (if I NEEDED it, I'd take it, but I'm not one to take stuff for pain if it's manageable) Walk EVERY hour, rest when you can. It truly DOES help to walk. Also, be sure you bring your incentive spirometer. I was already coughing a lot, due to having a nasty cold going IN to surgery, so I know my lungs were working just fine..lol Again, just check out my profile...it wasn't bad at all. Congrats again, and good luck!! ~Michelle post op 11/21 -42 pounds (55 more to go!!)
Most Active