15 days out from surgery.

Matt M.
on 2/13/04 6:14 am - Farmington, NM
Hi all, Things are going so-so...I feel somewhat depressed the last couple of days not wanting to get up or out of the house. I've been real tired and very, very, weak. My shoulders and abdomen have been hurting. Mostly phantom type pains. The same foods aren't helping. Nothing I've done over the last 4 days has made me feel any better. I don't know what's up! I feel like an island.... So much for Valentines Day, my poor wife....I've been sleeping 6 out of my 8 morning hours and up every 2 hrs at night. I will write more soon...wish me luck or if you have any suggestions I could use them. Matt
cindy
on 2/13/04 9:00 am - Mesa, az
Hi Matt, good to see you on the message board, and congrats on crossing over to the other side. You are only 15 days post-op, give it time, you have gone though major surgery and your body needs to heal itself. Be sure to drink as much water as you can, and walking, even baby steps, will help you feel better and keep blood clots from forming. If your body needs the rest, then you need to rest. I did not get a good sleeping pattern until I was a month or two out. Cindy Smith Open RNY 8-6-03 -104 lbs
(deactivated member)
on 2/13/04 10:20 am - El Mirage, AZ
Matt, I FULLY agree with what Cindy said. You just had a major surgery. Give it time. Men's bodies are really not all that different from womens after major surgeries. Your hormones can DEFINITELY be affected by this surgery. Give your body some time to figure out what the heck just happened to it. Get out, every day and WALK. The SUN is an AMAZING healer and MOOD lifter. Just ask me, I left WI for AZ for the sun. While I am not a "sun worshipper, aka "tanner"...I AM solar powered. LOL I have to have it. If not outside, get to a mall..window shop and walk. I promise it WILL get better and easier! HANG IN THERE~ HUGS!! Michelle
Tamara T.
on 2/13/04 10:44 pm - Claypool, AZ
Matt, I have to agree with Cindy and Michelle, it has only been 2 weeks hun, drink all the water you can and getting up and moving is very important. It will get better I promise. Take care and Keep us informed. Hugs, Tammy
baybekmbrly
on 2/14/04 2:51 am - SomeWhere, NY
Ooooh Matt, I'm sorry.... I felt the same way after surgery.. It wasn't until I was about 4-5wks post-op before I started to feel like myself again... I was also tired all the time and taking 4 hr naps during the day ... I didn't even start walking like I was suppose to be doing until I was about 6 wks post-op..... So Just hang in there! Things will get so much better soon... Take Care, Kim Open RNY 9-2-03 272/168/135
Arizona_Sun
on 2/14/04 3:16 am - Gilbert, AZ
Are you able to do any protein drinks? Those would help with fueling you. Also, try adding some Propel SF sports drinks to your liquids. I wish I had done that from the beginning instead of jus****er as I have felt so much better since beginning them. The protein drinks I was on from day 7 and they were also a big help. Was your surgery lap? I understand the shoulder pain is common with lap patients because of the gas they put in. Good luck on soon feeling much better. Sandra
Tammy F.
on 2/16/04 5:21 am - Fishers, IN
Matt, congrats on crossing over to the other side! Major surgery drains you, there is no way around it. But things do get better! I know for me (I had open RNY) it took about four weeks before I had any substantial amount of energy and I was really diligent about making sure I got my protein in. Please make sure you take good care of yourself and keep us updated! Tammy
Most Active