2 wks postop -16 lbs! Woo hoo!

Kim R.
on 2/13/04 4:50 am - Peoria, AZ
Hi everyone! Had my 2 wk post op appt yesterday and was ecstatic to learn I've lost 16lbs. I know for a lot of you, that is nothing but for me it is a lot!!! I am a very slow loser! My weight the day of surgery was 233 (ugh!) and yesterday I weighed in at 217. I am thrilled! I was getting a little depressed about being on this liquid diet for 3 wks, then 2 wks of pureed food and then 1 wk of soft foods. I have an excellent surgeon and he is being cautious. I just want to be able to eat normally at some point. The weight loss has given me incentive and I know I can do this! Yipee! Kim R/az
(deactivated member)
on 2/13/04 10:08 am - El Mirage, AZ
That's great Kim! Hey, 16 pounds is 16 pounds LESS on your body!! I'd take it too! My first month, I was down 20 (Yep, I was thrilled) It took me SIX MONTHS @ Weigh****chers to lose THAT!! My second month, I "ONLY" (see that old dieters mentality kicking in??) lost 12. I was really bummed at first, until I was informed I had lost 2.5% of my body fat! Randy, the nurse was THRILLED with me, and "pumped me back up". From the time I started going to Curves, in De****il now, I have lost 18.60 inches off my body. So, just remember, when those pounds are coming off slower than you'd like..the INCHES ARE! I too, feel I'll be a slow loser. I only have another 50-55 to go. Keep up the good workl!! Michelle
Tamara T.
on 2/13/04 10:41 pm - Claypool, AZ
Way to go sweetie, I am so proud of you. How is it going with eating? Are you feeling good? I went for my 1 month post op and have lost 32.5 lbs, yes I was doing the happy dance. Keep up the great work and keep us informed. Tammy
Kim R.
on 2/14/04 12:51 pm - Peoria, AZ
Tamara! 32 lbs!!! OMG!!! That is fantastic! You must be so excited! I really hope I can do as well. I just lose weight so slow and I get discouraged easily. I am dealing with a lot of head hunger and just plain old craving food! Being on liquids these last couple of weeks has been really hard. I went to Costco today with my hubby and had a really hard time. I love breads and we passed the bakery area and I swear I thought I was going to start drooling on myself! LOL! I know it will get easier, and thank God this Monday I can at least eat pureed foods. Wish me luck and keep us posted on your successes! I'm so proud of you! Kim R/az
Tammy F.
on 2/16/04 5:19 am - Fishers, IN
Congrats Kim! Just keep in mind that we all lose at different rates and those of us who have more to lose tend to lose faster. And the men tend to lose faster than us women which seems really unfair! Just kidding 16 pounds in two weeks is fantastic...great job! Tammy
Most Active