Very Sad

azldsgal
on 2/9/04 8:51 am - Chandler, AZ
Hello All, Well it looks like I might have to pay for the entire surgery. I was wondering if anyone here has had to pay for it??? I was wondering the cost...I think it is around 20,000.00 but I am not sure.
Dennis W.
on 2/9/04 9:37 am - Dewey, Az
Don't you dare even think about giving up. Never, ever give up. It's just appeal time and maybe even an attorney. Best wishes for your success that will come.
lemarie22
on 2/9/04 12:43 pm - Glendale, AZ
Christina, You still have some options. Don't give up yet. Try the Arizona Insurance Commission. You should also have an insurance advocate at work. Get your plan book and very carefully read it. Don't just accept the insurance company's word that you're not insured. My insurance carrier states that wls is not covered and even lists it in exclusions, but there's fine print that states it's excluded unless it's a medical necessity. Keep fighting. Get your politicians involved if you have to. Get your employer to go to bat for you. After all, they're the ones paying for your coverage. Connie
Tamara T.
on 2/9/04 9:51 pm - Claypool, AZ
Christina, Dennis and Connie are so very right. Do Not give up. I know it is a fight but honey it is so worth it. The insurance company saves money if you give up that is their job. Most every insurance is geared to say no at least once or twice. Keep fighting hun. Tammy
Sheryl Tilley
on 2/19/04 4:18 am - Prescott, AZ
Hi Christina! Don't give up. A few months ago when I went to the ER with some problems -- a nurse told me that there are organizations and foundations that will pay for this exact kind of surgery. I remember her name and I'm going to find out from her who they are. Also, by researching grants to individuals you can sometimes find who will pay for this. There IS something out there for you. Sheryl
Most Active