1 wk post op and home

Kim R.
on 2/3/04 7:44 am - Peoria, AZ
Hi everyone, made it thru surgery, thank God. Had some difficulty with my legs and arms. They were in alot of pain most of the time I was in the hospital and I needed help all the time getting out of bed (Nurses had to physically slide them off the bed.) I am at my Mom's and unable to retrieve any of my email on AOL. I am sore and incredibly tired. I don't know what I was thinking but I thought I'd be up and running by now and I am not! I worry about going home next week and how I will manage with my 2yr old. I get so fatigued right now. Hope your all doing well. The head hunger has already hit me with a vegenance! God help me! LOL! Take care! KimR/az
cindy
on 2/3/04 1:57 pm - Mesa, az
Welcome Kim to the losing side. You did it girl, and the first weeks are the hardest, but everyday gets better. Take it slow, drink alot of water, and walk as much as you can, it really does help. Cindy Smith Open RNY 8-6-03 -100 lbs
Tamara T.
on 2/3/04 10:07 pm - Claypool, AZ
Oh Kim Hun, I am so glad you made it thru to the losing side. DO NOT I repeat DO NOT rush yourself. Cindy is right about walking and drinking water making it better. Everyday that goes by will be better than the last. We all know this wasn't going to be easy. But it is so worth it. Email me if you need anything. I am here for you. Tammy
Arizona_Sun
on 2/4/04 12:30 am - Gilbert, AZ
That is really too bad. I know I responded so well to the surgery that I did not have those problems and was even at the support meeting the following week. Perhaps I gave you a misconception about the norm. Sure hope not though. You won't be able to lift your 2 year old until you are six weeks out so I hope that you have some help with that. In case they did not tell you BTC expects you to wear that binder for the full six weeks. A t-shirt underneath it is a major help in how it feels. Just concentrate on getting in your fluids and do give Propel sugar free sports drink a try. I wish I had started it at the beginning because it does indeed help how I feel. It is available at Costco by the case. The only thing I craved from about a week out was a saltine cracker. Kind of funny. I am past that now. Take Care. Sandra
Most Active