What can I do about the office staff at my PCP

Penny S.
on 1/28/04 8:51 am - Tucson, AZ
Just went to the doctors office today to get a referral and the office staff handed me a list of things I needed to do before they would even write a referral...I don't understand...why do I have to fight the office assistant? I thought the tough fight would be with the insurance and so far I have to wait about a year before that even happens. Can anyone offer any advice?
Dennis W.
on 1/28/04 2:00 pm - Dewey, Az
I think I'd call my insurance company....AND also talk with my doctor face to face......go around the office help. Just think success and don't take no for an answer.
ROBERT L.
on 1/28/04 2:25 pm - TEMPE, AZ
Penny: You mustn't let the office people bully you. You're fighting for your life here and you aren't going to let the office staff block your way. You're much too important for that. You talk to your insurance company. They are there to serve you! Most of all please know that your surgery will happen. Whatever delays are thrown in your path, you will get there. My surgery has been delayed for over 4 months because they thought I had cancer, causing me to endure many sleepless nights, countless blood tests, ultrasounds and CT scans. It turned out to be a lab error, but now my surgery is scheduled for 2/11/04. Be your own advocate, you carry the ball if you must! But you will get your surgery, just believe you will!
Dennis W.
on 1/28/04 2:29 pm - Dewey, Az
Go Robert......Don't cha jus luv labs that can't get it straight. Best wishes on your uncomming surgery. Yes our God is awesome....
Tamara T.
on 1/28/04 9:15 pm - Claypool, AZ
you go Robert, Penny fight, fight , fight. The office staff are not always as knowledgeable as they should be. Just go around them. Good Luck hun. Tammy
Jessmac
on 1/29/04 11:10 am - Phoenix, AZ
Is changing PCPs and option?
Penny S.
on 1/31/04 8:49 am - Tucson, AZ
Thank you all for your responses. I think I will change my PCP. Unfortunately I have run into another problem with insurance and that is a little thing called an "exclusion". I have no fear however, I know that God is in charge and will see this through to the end. Thank you for your advice and kind words. May God bless you mightily.
barbara H.
on 2/9/04 7:32 am - chino valley, AZ
Call your insurance carrier now. Don't wait for your Dr.'s office to help you. Be proactive! It took me nearly a year to get my surgery scheduled because I thought my doctors would help me. I even had to check with the surgeon's office to make sure they were responding to my insurance carrier.
Most Active