Primary doctor?

Cheryl C.
on 1/24/04 4:34 am - Phoenix, AZ
Can anyone recommend a good primary doctor (a woman preferably) who is familar with gastric-bypass patients in the Phoenix or Scottsdale area?
cindy
on 1/25/04 4:45 am - Mesa, az
I do not think there are any primary care doctors that are that ready up on the gastric bypass. My doctor was willing to learn, he has done alittle research, but I have to tell him alot. Even my surgeon told me that most pcp's are not really up on gastric bypass and the special blood work or not taking NSAIDS, so when you find a pcp, you will have to be the one who does the research on what you put in your new tummy. If you are looking for a pcp to give you a referral for weight loss surgery, I would think that if you meet the standards, BMI 40 or more, and have co-mobilities, any pcp would give you a referral. You might want to check with your Insurance company. Hope this helps.
Dennis W.
on 1/25/04 8:16 am - Dewey, Az
I guess that I've been very fortuneate about my last couple of PCP's. Both of them were extemely informed about the "Gastric Bypass" stuff and took no convincing to give me a referral. I did run into a problem with my previous PCP in that he decided very quickly to go practice in a hospital instead and in another town. My wife went in to see our PCP last Friday and she had a small sniffle that she wanted to talk to him about. The first thing that he said was, "He wanted to knock this down quick because he didn't want Dennis catching anything before his surgery." I thought this was extremelly insiteful for a doctor that has only known me for a couple of months. I've really had the best luck with doctors in the last couple of years, up to and including my DS surgeon, Dr. Simpson.
joyful516
on 1/26/04 1:46 am - Gilbert, AZ
DENNIS - CAN YOU GIVE US THE NAME OF YOUR PCP?
Dennis W.
on 1/26/04 9:06 am - Dewey, Az
Yes I can.............
Dennis W.
on 1/26/04 9:10 am - Dewey, Az
Oh, I guess you actually wanted the name. I was just thinking that maybe you thought I couldn't remember it....LOL.... Dr. Dennis Little, but He's probably a little far away for most, as his practice is in Prescott Valley...
Jessmac
on 1/26/04 11:08 am - Phoenix, AZ
Dr. Roberto Ruiz is my PCP. I picked him because he is very WLS savvy and is way pro-WLS. Sorry, I haven't heard of any women docs who are. Best of luck!
Most Active