My first Frothing episode!!

Tamara T.
on 1/22/04 10:42 am - Claypool, AZ
Ok folks, it's official. Never never never do anything to cause yourself to do this frothing thing. It totally sucks. I think maybe I am not getting enough water or maybe it was because I had just finished an argument with the hubby. I don't know but since 3 o'clock this afternoon (it's 7:30 now) I have been throwing up and spitting up this frothy junk. I can't even keep down water. I tried peppermint tea, nope! Anyone have any ideas on how to get it to stop. Tammy
Kim R.
on 1/22/04 12:40 pm - Peoria, AZ
Hi Tammy! This has been mentioned several times on the main board, but I don't remember what they said. Post your question there and I'm sure you will get a response. Take care! Kim R/az
Matt M.
on 1/22/04 1:41 pm - Farmington, NM
Our book said drink warm water 30 minutes before eatting. Matt
(deactivated member)
on 1/23/04 4:15 am - El Mirage, AZ
Hey hon, not trying to scare you, but my angel Patti Harrada had this happen, and she has now gone through 2 stricture dialations, so just kinda keep that tucked in the back of your head, ok? If you can't even keep WATER down, get it checked out. HUGS TO YOU, my dear!! Mich post op 11/21, down 32 pounds and with 2.4% less boddy fat than last month!! (YEA CURVES!!)
Tamara T.
on 1/23/04 4:57 am - Claypool, AZ
Mich, thanks so much, I am much better today. The water is staying down and not making me nauseaus. No more throwing up. I think I was just stressed out and was not getting enough water. Speaking of Patti, We haven't heard from her. Is she still going frantic with classes and all? 2 dilations? WOW. Send her my best. Tammy
Dennis W.
on 1/23/04 7:29 pm - Dewey, Az
Tammy, my bet is on the argument with the "hubby"...We all know that wife is supposed to be submissive to the head of the house....ROFL....and don't EVER do that again....
Tamara T.
on 1/23/04 9:52 pm - Claypool, AZ
Oh Dennis, you crack me up I think you are right about the argument though. Since the surgery we seem to be having more arguments. Oh well, he knew what I was getting into when I had the surgery. Thanks for the laugh, Tammy
Dennis W.
on 1/24/04 4:10 am - Dewey, Az
Tammy.....In reference to your more arguments with the "head of house" after surgery......He's probably getting a little nervous about the "sex goddess" you're about to turn into. Dr. Simpson states that there is one BIG downfall of the WLS that we really need to worry about.........JEALOUS LOVERS.
Jessmac
on 1/29/04 11:14 am - Phoenix, AZ
From what my doc says, it definitely could have been the argument. She explained that, in times of stress, the muscles around the stomach tighten and push on the stomach/pouch. This causes mucus that would normally stay down, to come up. Yuck. Good luck with hubby and pouch.
Jackie B.
on 2/1/04 5:24 am - Phoenix, AZ
Tammy: Whenever it happened to me at first, I would lay down and take a short nap. It was the only way I could get my stomach settled. Thirty minutes should do it. Mint tea didn't do a thing for me either. I am now 4 months out and happy to report it is only temporary. Keep the faith. Jackie
Most Active