Hello all Arizonians:

marmijo
on 1/20/04 11:56 am - NM
I will be in Scottsdale soon , I am very excited and scared. I hope all goes well and I am approved for this surgery. If anyone has some extra prayers they would like to share, I'll take them. I did want to say that I really enjoy reading your alls posts. I have been checking various different states and Arizona has the friendlest and closest nit group I've encountered on this site. My hat is off to you all.
Kim R.
on 1/20/04 1:11 pm - Peoria, AZ
Hi Martina, What Dr. do you have an appt with? My surgery is scheduled for the 26th in Scottsdale at the Bariatric Treatment Ctr. My surgeon is Dr. Schleisinger. Good luck to yhou and let us know how you do. Kim R/az
marmijo
on 1/20/04 9:50 pm - NM
I will be going to the Mayo Clinic. This is my first Appt to see if I qualify for the surgery. I am just beginning my first step.
Tamara T.
on 1/21/04 1:51 am - Claypool, AZ
Martina, Welcome. I think we all try to be as supportive as possible since we are all in the same boat. There was a lady that had her surgery around the same time as mine that was from NM (Albuquerque) She is great. Please do not hesitate to ask questions, someone on here will be glad to help if they can. I had mine 1/8/04 at Scottsdale Bariatric Inst. with Dr. Doxey. I have no complaints what so ever. Take care and keep us informed. Tammy
marmijo
on 1/21/04 10:12 am - NM
Thanks to all of you , I will be in touch, even tho I am from the "Land of Enchantment" I feel like I belong to Arizona since here is where my Doctor will be. Can someone tell me what to expect weather wise. Do I need to take a heavy coat or a light jacket.
cindy
on 1/22/04 2:04 am - Mesa, az
A light jacket, but do not over pack for the hospital stay. Some chap stick/lip balm, slide on slippers, wear the same thing to the hospital that you will wear home, if you are going to stay in a hotel for awhile before going home, you might want to bring your own pillow and some lose fitting pj's. I wore the hospital gowns, while I was i the hospital, they were large, and if I got something on them I would just change gowns, I wore lose fitting pj bottoms to walk in the halls, or you could put a second gown on backwards. And of course your toothbrush/paste and a hair brush. I also brought a backstratcher, that I used to reach with, once I dropped my oxgen nose piece and instead of calling a nurse, I used the backstracher to pick it up off the floor. Congrats, may you have a safe surgery and a speedy recovery. Cindy Smith Open RNY 8-6-03 -96 lbs
Most Active