Another Question

Betsy M.
on 1/16/04 11:25 pm - Lake Havasu City, AZ
I had my iformation consult with Dr Simon, Should I go ahead and schedule a phyc eval before hearing from them again?? I'm sooo lost!!! Please help! Thanks, Betsy
Dennis W.
on 1/17/04 1:54 am - Dewey, Az
I would probably wait till the consultation and let the Dr. be your guide through the process. Sometime they seem to be very methodical about how "they" want things done. No need to be lost. It's just a process and there are many here to help out. You're doing the right thing by asking questions. Just weigh the answers that are given.
jennifer A.
on 1/17/04 6:49 am - Glendale, Az
I would definately go ahead and get your psych eval. done as soon as possible. Dr. Simon does require you to have the mmpi2 test done as well as the psych eval. I waited and I ended up regretting it because it held up my surgery date. It can take along time to even get an appointment date for the eval. and then it takes some time to get the results back.
marmijo
on 1/17/04 10:52 am - NM
What is mmpi2 test and what does it consist of???
Betsy M.
on 1/17/04 1:21 pm - Lake Havasu City, AZ
Thanks jennifer, by the way, what is a mmpi2 test??? Do i also just call any psycologist and ask if they do evals for bariatric surgery??I live in lake havasu and its a small town... thanks, Betsy
jennifer A.
on 1/17/04 1:55 pm - Glendale, Az
"MMPI2 (Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory 2) - This is a pencil and paper test, or can also be completed on a computer, where subjects answer yes/no to various questions depending on how they pertain to them. Can take upwards of one hour to complete. Is statistically well-normed and validated, but must be interpreted by an experienced professional. Measures various personality characteristics, including depression, anxiety, obsessiveness, social introversion. Can also provide some measure of thought disorder." This purpose of this test is to help evaluate whether or not you will be compliant after surgery and not sabotage yourself.Also to see if you will be able to cope with all of the emotional changes after surgery. This test is purposely set up to see if you are being truthful.In the test they ask the same question more than once but worded differently. The most important thing is to be honest.Don't worry about scoring high in areas like depression as most people seeking wls do score high in various areas of the test. They also purposely ask questions that people are likely to lie about in order to make themselves look better.
Vicky H A.
on 1/20/04 1:50 am - Maricopa, AZ
I would go ahead and take the MMPI2 and eval. They do require it and it might take you awhile to get an appointment. If you have ins. coverage for the eval. check with your ins. company for a list of participating doctors. If not, call psychs in your area and let them know you need the MMPI2 and eval. Get the price up front I found out that they do not all charge equally. If you need to come to the valley and have it done I would recommend Dr. John Hollebeek,480-345-7755. He is very gastric bypass friendly and will get you in as soon as he can. I called on a friday, did my MMPI2 the following monday and the eval the friday of that week.He is located in the east valley near dobson and southern. vicky
Most Active