Dr Simon

Betsy M.
on 1/16/04 11:01 pm - Lake Havasu City, AZ
Has anyone here had surgery from Dr Simon? That is who I have chosen as my surgone..Newhoffs partner..Any input would be greatly appreciated..I also live in Lake Havasu City and am worried about living so far away right after surgery..any ideas?? Thank you Betsy
Dennis W.
on 1/17/04 1:51 am - Dewey, Az
Hi Betsy........I've heard some very positive things about Dr. Simon. For one he's a bunch more personable than Dr. Newhoff. Just what I've heared though. As far as your surgery and living in Lake Havasu, I wouldn't worry much. I've just got my insurance approval and surgery date of March 1 from Dr. Terry Simpson and I live about 100 miles away. What Dr. Simpson wants me to do when I leave the hospital at the end of the week is to check in at a Motel with my wife for the weekend and recouperate a little more. I'm told that immediate long travel is NOT recommended. I was also told (considering my checking into the motel with my wife) that sex is NOT recommended for about 17 years after the DS surgery, and this was from Dr. Simpson himself.......... Let me know if I can help with anything.
Sally Jane N.
on 1/17/04 10:03 am - AZ
Hi Dennis, Did you really mean you couldn't have sex for 17 years after WLS? And you still want surgery?? Hee, Hee, Heeeeeeeee. And BTW, Congratulations on your date. Pam
Betsy M.
on 1/17/04 1:24 pm - Lake Havasu City, AZ
Thanks Dennis, And congrats on your date...i'll be sure and pass that little bit of info onto my hubby about the 17 year wait!!!!LOL Betsy
jennifer A.
on 1/17/04 6:38 am - Glendale, Az
Hi! I had my surgery with Dr. Blackstone but I had also checked out Dr. Simon. I not only researched him thoroughly but had a consult with him. My friend recently had surgery with him and couldn't be happier. He is an excellent surgeon, very nice and personable.
Betsy M.
on 1/17/04 1:42 pm - Lake Havasu City, AZ
Thanks Jennifer, Glad to hear your friend had a good experience. He seems to be very knowledgable..I know my spelling sucks!!! Betsy
Gene H.
on 1/17/04 11:09 am - Ft. Mohave, Az
Hi Betsy, I have been going through the process with Dr. Simon and now have everything in place. It has been a very, very frustrating process with scheduling and all. I also live in Mohave Co. and it is difficult to schedule these things to save the amount of driving time to get these processes taken care of. I plan on staying in my RV after surgery for a week or so. After all if you are stuck somewhere, I can think of alot of worse places than Las Vegas. Remember this, it has taken you a lifetime to get where you are now. This is not the time to get in a hurry with this thing. You want, of course, like us all, to be free from an obese body. But, you have the rest of your life to enjoy being thin, or you can have a lifetime of regret because you didn't know something. Or worse, you have a bad experience because you got in a hurry and made a bad decision. Talk, question, research, Knowledge is invaluable. Make the right educated choices that are right for you by being patient and positive and informed. Listen to these counselors, Drs. and post-op patience and follow what they say and you will do just fine. I along with many others and you are still jumping through hoops for Insurers, but the end will be worth it.
Betsy M.
on 1/17/04 1:39 pm - Lake Havasu City, AZ
Thank you Gene, you couldn't be more correct...but its so hard, because I feel so close... I will try to be more patient My husband is taking some time off work to help me, and we are going to stay in phoenix for a few days after surgery... Thanks for your input! Betsy
Vicky H A.
on 1/20/04 1:32 am - Maricopa, AZ
I had my surgery with Dr. Simon on 3/24/03. I absolutly love him. He is very professional yet easy to talk with. He will let you know what to expect and give you the do's and do not's. I have not had one problem since my surgery and have lost 107 pounds. I am at my goal weight of 135 and have maintained it for a month. Good luck. Let me know if you have any other question. vicky
Betsy M.
on 1/20/04 1:12 pm - Lake Havasu City, AZ
Hello, So you had your surgery in march, so what happened after your consult? Do they get you approved before giving you a date, then tell you what you need to do? or do they tell you what you need to get done before trying to get you approved??? I am confused about how the process works. I spoke to michelle from his office today and she said my chart was on her desk and her ins lady was getting ready to start doing the leg work on it, they seem so busy so i hate to ask too many questions, then when i hang up remember mopre important questions but am afraid to call again... Any help would help, how long after initial consult did it take? Did youi go ahead and have your psyc eval instead of waiting? Thanks, Betsy
Most Active