Jan. 26th! Finally!!!

Kim R.
on 1/13/04 10:25 am - Peoria, AZ
I finally have my surgery date after having to wait over a month to schedule since my approval. My preop tests are Jan. 20th and I am now biting at the bit to get this going. Thank you God! I am so nervous and excited. Kim R/az
cindy
on 1/13/04 12:17 pm - Mesa, az
Congrats on getting your surgery date. My thoughts and prayers will be with you for a safe surgery. The 26th will be here before you know it. Cindy Smith 5 months post-op -96 lbs
Tamara T.
on 1/13/04 11:27 pm - Claypool, AZ
Oh Kim I am so glad to hear that you finally are on the way. You won't regret it. I am less than a week out and thought I might have some regrets. Not yet! Good luck hun, Tammy
Arizona_Sun
on 1/15/04 10:07 pm - Gilbert, AZ
Kim - congratulations on the date. You will LOVE BTC. They have a great staff there. Soon you will be on the losing side of life. Sandra
Kim R.
on 1/16/04 2:58 am - Peoria, AZ
Hi Sandra! How are you feeling? I hope your doing fine. Seems like ages since you had your surgery. YOU probably don't feel that way! LOL! Sandra, did they let you have nail polish on prior to surgery? I have acrylic nails and I usually have a pedicure done. I have an appt. to have these done but was wondering if I should cancel them. So how is your weight loss coming? I am so excited to get things going. I am concerned that my weight loss will be slow as I have always been a slow loser. My BMI is 42 and people have said if your on the low end that we will lose slower. I guess any weight loss is better than none!! Take care and let us know how your doing. Kim R/az
Arizona_Sun
on 1/16/04 4:41 am - Gilbert, AZ
My BMI was 42+a little. I am down 28 pounds from surgery (after losing the 15 1/2 of fluids first). BTC considers 10-15% of your total pounds to lose as the target by your six week appointment. I am ahead of that. I have stinky nails and someday will get into trying out the acrylic nails, but first need to get the proper nutrition to have stronger nails (was this way prior to surgery). I believe that they prefer that you NOT have acrylic nails or polish on surgery day. They use an oxygen sensor that has to be attached to your finger. That information should be in your PAT day info, but you might want to make sure to ask. I am in the light weight category too so was expecting to be slower than I have been in my loss. My biggest issue right now is to get off the blood pressure med that Dr. Judy put me on (at BTC). She forgot to tell me that with Tenormin you must go off in steps and cold turkey is not fun. So, I am back on and getting a few more pills so I can get off properly. Once I get that out of my system I should be able to be much more active without feeling like my head is being fooled with. I will like that. I am sure that I would be down even more if I was able to be more active. I am a bit afraid to go walking by myself during the day and then I am tired at night. So I have not done as much day walks as I had anticipated. Monday will be six weeks for me and I will be able to start my recumbent bike and that is good. I won't start it though until after my six week check up on Wednesday. All in all, my recovery has been very smooth. Any issues I have had have been quite insignificant. I did not use very much pain medication during this whole thing and am thrilled about that. The time has flown by. I am off my diabetes medication and soon will be off my blood pressure medication. That just leaves my estrogen and I will not go off that one, plus pepcid that they put you on post-surgery. Not bad. I am in the soft food phase (1 week) and Monday can go to trying out regular foods. I have had no real issues, but did have a dumping type of thing happen twice this week. My symptoms was dizziness and fast pulse rate. The first one I thought it was just the BP meds, but when it happened the next day with the same lunch I knew it was dumping. All I had was pudding with protein powder and have had it before with no problem. I am going to check out the milk at the store next time to see if there is a significant difference between Albertson's skim and Shamrock skim in the sugar content. That is the only difference between my puddings. You will have your PATs on the 20th? My appointment is the 21st at 1:15 p.m. Sandra
Kim R.
on 1/17/04 11:21 am - Peoria, AZ
Thanks for responding Sandra. Sounds like you are doing fantastic! I really hope I do well, I get discouraged very easily. I guess I will go ahead and cancel my nail appt. You indicated that BTC had put you on high blood pressure pills. I am currently on b/p pills from my PCP. I hope that at some point I will be able to get off of them too. It's too bad your appt is on the 21st. It would have been fun to meet you. You have been a big help to me and I really appreciate it. Keep up the good work and do keep us posted on your progress ok? Best of luck and take care! Kim R/az
Betsy M.
on 1/25/04 7:23 am - Lake Havasu City, AZ
Tommorows the big day!!!!!!!! I'm so happy for you Kim...I will be thinking of you, and you will be in my prayers... Betsy
Most Active