Adjustable lapband

Bob D.
on 1/11/04 10:16 am - Gilbert, AZ
I have a meeting tomorrow with Dr. Fang/Juarez. I want to go the Adj lapband route. Has anyone out there done this? I was approved for RNY back in Aug. but then changed my mind. This seems less invasive. Any inputs? Thanks,
Daniel D.
on 1/11/04 9:57 pm - Queen Creek, AK
Bob, I first started out looking to get the lap band, found out there are many problems,89% pluging,vomiting,nausea,heartburn,need for removal,reoperation 25% do your homework you only want to do this once .good luck ,danny
azldsgal
on 1/12/04 3:45 am - Chandler, AZ
Hello Bob, I was also interested in getting the lap band but after lots and lots of research and talking with other people I changed to the RNY. I have not had any surgery yet but I am crossing my fingers and hoping real soon. I have heard that people are having nothing but problems with it. Also I have a friend that had the RNY and when she was in the doctors office she overheard a nurse stating that she wishes all the patients would have the RNY and not the lap band because of the problems and that people don't seem to be losing that much weight on it. Just wanted to let you know what I had heard...Christina
Most Active