I made it through

Tamara T.
on 1/10/04 6:49 am - Claypool, AZ
Hello folks from the other side. I am still in pain had to stay awhile longer because of a temp of 103. I am now at my mpther in laws and hubby is taking care of me. Oh ya as if things weren't bad enough I started my period today. Gotta love that. Well gonna go take some more meds, walk and all that good stuff. Take care, Tammy
cindy
on 1/10/04 8:43 am - Mesa, az
Welcome home and congrats on crossing over to the losing side. You have a great skinny future to look forward to. Remember, sip, sip and sip your water, and walk as much as you can every day, it really does help you get better faster. I am so proud of you.
Tamara T.
on 1/10/04 7:08 pm - Claypool, AZ
Thank you Cindy and Jessie, It is 4 am on day 2 after. I really do feel much better. I am sipping my water all the time and walk as much as humanly possible. Still get really tired though. I actually slept from 6:30 last night until 2 am this morning, what a welcome relief. I am starting to think I am going to go back to bed now. I am getting tired. Take care and talk to ya soon, Tammy
Jessmac
on 1/10/04 10:18 am - Phoenix, AZ
Hey! Welcome to the other side! So glad to hear you are fine. I had just sat down at my puter to check and see if there was an update about you, and found you'd updated yourself! I got my period too about 3 days post-op. I've read that that is pretty common although I've yet to read any solid theories about what causes this. Why in the world your body thinks it is a good idea to shed a bunch of blood after such a huge trauma is beyond me. Best of luck these next few days. It'll all be a memory before you know it.
(deactivated member)
on 1/11/04 9:03 am - El Mirage, AZ
Congrats!!! I am SOOO happy for you!! I will tell you, by next week, you feel a million times better. I had surgery on a Friday, and by that following Friday, I couldn't BELIEVE how much better I felt. Water was a challenge for me, but it got better. Welcome to being a LOSER!!! ~Mich 11/21 post op
Tamara T.
on 1/14/04 7:55 am - Claypool, AZ
Hey Mich, You are right I feel better every day. Can't wait to get back to work. I'm bored. My mother in law got me a really cool stair stepper that has the rubber bands and hand weights with it. Can't wait to be ok'd to use them. For now it is walk walk walk. I just go shopping walk from one end of walmart to the other about 3 times. Well I'm off to fix me something for dinner. Take care Tammy 1/8/04 Lap RNY
Tammy F.
on 1/11/04 11:21 am - Fishers, IN
Hi Tammy, Welcome to the losing side! Just remember...keep walking and getting your liquids in. And it definitely gets better soon! Take care, Tammy
lemarie22
on 1/11/04 1:56 pm - Glendale, AZ
Welcome back Tammy. So glad to hear you're doing well, even though you're tired. What an exciting last couple of months you've had. New hubby, new body. You go girl! Connie
joyful516
on 1/12/04 7:21 am - Gilbert, AZ
Congrats Tammy! Glad to hear that your wait is finally over. I have a question because my surgery is about 2-3 weeks away. Since a lot of us talk to those who have had the surgery, we kinda have a preview of what to expect. What was different than you expected both better and worse? I am anxious to get your feedback. Glad to hear you are doing well. Wishes for a speedy recovery!
Tamara T.
on 1/13/04 11:23 pm - Claypool, AZ
Joy, everything was really just as I expected. Probably a little better in fact. I really expected a tremendous amount of pain. With the handy dandy little morphine button it makes it tolerable. I must say that I hate the incentive spirometer. It drove me nuts, but you MUST use it. Good luck hun, I'll be waiting to hear from you, Tammy
Most Active