Support Group

azldsgal
on 1/8/04 4:25 am - Chandler, AZ
I was just wondering if anyone knew of a support meeting that takes place in the East valley. I live in Ahwatukee, so I am looking for Mesa, Chandler, South Phoenix area's...I have not had my surgery yet but I am crossing all my fingers and toes and hoping for the best. If there is not a support group for those pre and post surgery then maybe I should put one together....Let me know ;o) Christina Garcia
Arizona_Sun
on 1/8/04 10:40 pm - Gilbert, AZ
There is an east valley group that meets the 2nd and 4th Wednesday of the month at the Banner Hospital off of Power Road (just north of Broadway Road) in the Superstition Room. They meet at 6 p.m. I believe there is a group that meets at the Banner Hospital in central Mesa (off of Country Club and just north of Brown Road) on the 1st and 3rd Thursday of the month, same time. The room is next to the cafeteria area. I have not been to either meeting yet, but will be trying out the one closest to me next week. There is a Yahoo Group that will help you connect with Arizona meetings and WLS people. [email protected] however you need to join it from online at http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/AZWLS/ there is also an eastside group http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/eastside_azwls/ You can search for other groups at http://groups.yahoo.com There are a number of groups that come up under the OSSG and AZWLS initials. You can literally overdose on groups if you wish. Hope this helps you get connected. Sandra
Arizona_Sun
on 1/8/04 10:47 pm - Gilbert, AZ
Eastside_Azwls Eastside Group 2004 Schedule January 14th - Superstition Room January 28th - Superstition Room February 11th - Superstition Room February 25th - Kokopelli/Anshe Room March 10th - Superstition Room March 24th - Superstition Room April 14th - Kokopelli/Anshe Room April 28th - Kokopelli/Anshe Room May 12th - Superstition Room May 26th - Kokopelli/Anshe Room June 9th - Superstition Room June 23rd - Superstition Room July 14th - Superstition Room July 28th - Superstition Room August 11th - Kokopelli/Anshe Room August 25th - Kokopelli/Anshe Room September 8th - Kokopelli/Anshe Room September 15th - Kokopelli/Anshe Room October 13th - Kokopelli/Anshe Room October 27th - Kokopelli/Anshe Room- November 10th - Kokopelli/Anshe Room November 24th - Kokopelli/Anshe Room December 8th - Kokopelli/Anshe Room December 22nd - Kokopelli/Anshe Room The superstition room is off the main lobby of Banner Baywood Hospital. Which is located at:6644 East Baywood Avenue in Mesa. This is located just north of Broadway, on Power Road. The Kokopelli\Anshe Room is located on the second floor of the Outpatient Center. It's on the westside of the campus closest to the parking garage. Please note that out meetings are the second and fourth Wednesday of the month at 6:00 PM - NOT every other Wednesday! We look forward to seeing you!
azldsgal
on 1/9/04 3:47 am - Chandler, AZ
Thanks for the info it really helps...Christina
Most Active