I GOT A DATE!!!

MIA N.
on 12/29/03 12:05 am - VAIL, AZ
i got told that my surgery has been scheduled for Feb. 13, 2004, i am so excited and very nervous at the same time. if anyone has any advice or information to share it would be greatly appreciated. thanks Mia
Arizona_Sun
on 12/29/03 7:07 am - Gilbert, AZ
Where is Vail? Congratulations on your rebirthday date. My surgery was December 8 and I am doing wonderful (open distal RNY). I wish you the same success. Do you have any specific questions? Sometimes that is the best way to begin. 1) Find out if they provide you with a support pillow. Those are wonderful for getting in and out of bed, chairs, etc. If not, order the Bari-bear from the store on this site. 2) Find out if your room will have a fan. If not, take one you will most likely need it. 3) If you are taking any prescription medications pack them in your suitcase in case something is questioned or needed during your stay. I found out that having my estrogen (premarin) with me was a very good thing as they thought I was running a temp and it was just hormones. 4) Buy a pill crusher and splitter prior to surgery so you can take your meds that are in pill form. 5) Pack something loose and comfortable for the trip home. Be prepared to layer if you are chilling. I never thought I would ever see a day when I was cold, but I am usually layered these days to keep warm. 6) Sugar Free popsicles are great and will be so very appreciated when you get home. Canned broth is much nicer than the cubes. Basically know what the dietary stages are that they will have you on so you can have some supplies on hand. 7) Give serious consideration of protein loading prior to surgery to help with the healing. I did this using Champion Pure Whey Stack protein powder - available at www.vitalady.com or www.wlssuccess.com I drank at least two 1 1/2 scoop shakes a day for the time prior to my surgery and I am convinced that my easy recovery has a LOT to do with that. Check out the Yahoo based group called OSSG-Protein as you will be able to get a lot of information from them. I know there is much more that I could probably tell you. Do feel free to email. Sandra
MIA N.
on 12/29/03 9:47 am - VAIL, AZ
THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH FOR THE INFORMATION!!, HOW ARE YOU DOING?, ARE FEELING OKAY, I DON'T THINK I WILL HAVE TO HAVE TO OPEN PROCEDURE BUT YOU NEVER KNOW. AND VAIL IS SOUTHEAST OF TUCSON, IT'S BETWEEN TUCSON AND BENSON. I NEED TO WRITE DOWN AND THINK ABOUT SOME MORE QUESTIONS AND WHEN I DO I WILL E-MAIL YOU. THANK YOU AGAIN, AND GET WELL SOON..... IT'S A NEW LIFE!! MIA
donnasmiley75
on 12/29/03 8:46 am - glendale, AZ
Wow that is so soon I got my date today it is for March 23,2004 Congats let us know how it goes.
cindy
on 12/29/03 9:45 am - Mesa, az
Congrats on getting your surgery date, Feb 13, the day before Valentine's Day, what a great gift for you. Who is your surgeon and where is your surgery going to be? My thoughts and prayers will be with you for a safe surgery. Cindy Smith 4 1/2 months post-op - 90 lbs
(deactivated member)
on 12/29/03 11:38 am - El Mirage, AZ
Good luck to you!!!! Like she said, if you have specific questions, ask! ~Michelle post op, 11/21 down at least 27 pounds (or more!!) I don't own a scale!! I highly recommend CURVES, once you are cleared to attend.
Kim R.
on 12/29/03 12:22 pm - Peoria, AZ
Yahoo Mia! Congratulations on your date and keep us posted! Hope to join you soon with a date! Kim R
Betsy M.
on 1/16/04 10:57 pm - Lake Havasu City, AZ
Congratulations Mia!!!!!!! That is so great!!!
Most Active