Here I am!

Patti H.
on 12/28/03 11:57 am - Tucson, AZ
You guys are SO kind! Well, it all started with Thanksgiving; driving from Tucson to Los Angeles and struggling with the beginning of a stricture. Basically I puked slime all the way from I-10 and Grant to the Glendale California border. Now, that has continued. And I had my "stricture" dilated a few weeks ago. And I think I'm going to get to do that once more! Doesn't that sound like fun? Here's me flyin' home from Los Angeles on Southwest Airlines, leanin' against the window, listening to an opera on my Ipod and pukin' slime into tissues and jamming them in my bag. I felt like a damned smuggler! What had I done to create this, you may be asking? Or, you may be asking, "What opera?" (Marriage of Figaro) Or, maybe even, Why were you listening to opera?" (It's loud and melodic and harmonic) Or perhaps you are saying, "Opera would make me puke slime, too!" (You may have a point!) Well, what I'd done was taken a too-large drink of water. Yup! On top of that, my angel Michell has correctly informed you. I finished grading fall semester's papers a half an hour before the winter session began. And winter session is a morning and an afternoon class EVERY DAY until the 13th. The spring session begins on the 14th, so I should be pretty much useless for awhile. But I miss you and I'll try my best to get back on here and keep you all posted! love, Patti in Tucson A Moxie Doxie Doll 7 weeks post op and down 45 pounds!
(deactivated member)
on 12/28/03 1:38 pm - El Mirage, AZ
there she IS!!! My angel!!! So good to hear from you, doll!!! We all missed you!!! HUGS! Mich
Tamara T.
on 12/28/03 9:04 pm - Claypool, AZ
Well Sweetie, I am so glad to hear from you. Sorry to hear about the stricture. That must really (I won't say suck) Blow! Try to keep us informed. Take care of yourself. Tammy
Arizona_Sun
on 12/29/03 1:13 am - Gilbert, AZ
Patti - it is so good to see you back. Grading fall semester papers is indeed a busy job. How did you know you had a stricture beginning? I certainly hope to avoid that. What was your post-op diet like. I was on clear liquids until day 7, then full liquids for two weeks, now pureed food for two weeks, and then soft food for one week. Then, ta da ... normal food as I tolerate it. When you count your pounds off are you adding in the fluid weight or going with the pre-surgery weight? It is a bit strange to know which to do. I had to lose the fluids first before I got to the ME weight. Sandra 303/290 pre-surgery/268.5/145 plus 15.5 fluid weight lost first
sharon H.
on 12/29/03 5:59 am - tempe, az
Glad your ok (or kinda ok). I certainly missed reading your posts. You have a gift for putting your thoughts and feelings into words. I am still fighting with Cigna (how unusual huh?) Even though I am having insurance problems I am very happy to read about the great results some of you are having after surgery. Keep it up!!
joyful516
on 12/29/03 7:13 am - Gilbert, AZ
What is stricture?
Tanya T.
on 12/29/03 7:31 am - mesa, az
Glad to hear all is well. Tanya T
(deactivated member)
on 12/29/03 11:34 am - El Mirage, AZ
ah yes, structures. Its your body thinking "HEY, you have a hole, let me fix/heal that for you!" Unfortunately, the "HOLE" its trying to HEAL for you is leading to your new tummy!! Some people, like my angel, Patti, are over-healers. There is another AZ gal, her name escapes me, has had MANY. I'll speak for Patti and I, but for the folks that went through the Scottsdale Bariatric Center did for food: FIRST 5 DAYS: liquids jello DAY 5 (graduation!) At your post-op class, we were introduced to soft foods like refried beans, tofu, chicken salad, and I can't remember...maybe one other thing? ONE MONTH: soft foods (cottage cheese, yogurts, etc) for a month, and then after one month, barring problems, you were back to the world of "normal: foods. I myself, am VERY blessed. I can eat most anything (decent food, mind you) and not get sick. Michelle post op 11/21 down at least 27 pounds (or more...I don't own a scale!)
Most Active