Requesting Information

joyful516
on 12/26/03 4:55 am - Gilbert, AZ
Anyone have names of PCP who work well with WLS from the SEV area. I don't need one, but I know mine would never go for it. He would say "go on a diet". Since I will be having the surgery anyway, I would like to change doctors to someone who believes in and supports WLS. Any help would be apprciated. JOY
Tammy F.
on 12/26/03 10:31 pm - Fishers, IN
Hi Joy, I sure wish I could recommend someone but I live in the SWV so I know of no one in the SEV. I wish you the best though in finding a PCP who will be supportive for you. I know first hand that it DOES make a HUGE difference. I had been a patient of Your Family Physician clinic in Glendale for years until this past summer when I changed jobs which meant a change in my insurance. So I went searching for a new PCP and found Dr. Tina Lee at Sonoran Medical Clinic. They have offices in both Arrowhead and Deer Valley. From the very first visit, she was very supportive of WLS and even somewhat knowledgeable. This was a huge surprise to me because although my PCP at Your Family Physician wasn't necessarily not supportive of WLS, she was not knowledgeable about it at all. Dr. Lee though immediately offered to write whatever letters I needed to get my carrier to cover (but I was already approved when I first saw her) and said, "Whatever you need, just let me know and we'll get it taken care of." Since I had surgery out of state, this type of support is invaluable to me...to know that there is someone locally who will work via phone with my surgeon in LA to do whatever is needed here when she can. So I wish you the best in your search for someone who will support you as well! Tammy
ygangel
on 12/28/03 12:38 pm - Saint Louis, MO
Joy, My pcp is terrific, he is totally supportive and actually gave me the names of other of his patients to talk to about wls. He is at Stapely and University. Dr. Jordan Ross, 480-833-1800. The office is really busy but if you make advance appointments for him it is worth the wait. Hope this helps. Vicky
Tamara S.
on 12/31/03 7:44 am - mesa, az
Vicky and Joy, I just want to say that I was looking for another PCP because mine was not supportive. I read this and called. It is so close to my home. I called and to my suprise they were very supportive and now I have a new doctor who is willing to help. The office people are super. I feel that I have a chance now. Thank you Tami
ygangel
on 12/31/03 1:40 pm - Saint Louis, MO
Tami, This was such great news to get today. I really love these dr.'s and you are right the office staff are the BEST!!! I hope all goes well for you and keep me posted, please. hugs, Vicky
Most Active