Question?

tina0226
on 12/25/03 10:31 am - Greenwood, IN
I started my new life August 19 of this year! As of today I have lost 65.5 pounds. Don't get me wrong I feel great but I feel like something with my weight loss is just not right. I go thru periords nearly every month where for 1-2 weeks the scale doesn't change and even at times goes up a pound or two. This month it has been 2 weeks but today I lost .5 pounds which is better then 0. Does anyone have any suggestions?
jennifer A.
on 12/25/03 3:55 pm - Glendale, Az
Hi! You are doing great and what you are experiencing is totally normal. During the times that the scale isn't moving or even going up a pound or two is due to your body gaining muscle.
Arizona_Sun
on 12/25/03 11:02 pm - Gilbert, AZ
Your body is behaving in a normal way. We cannot continuously just lose pounds. Some times we will see our bodies losing pounds, sometimes it will lose inches and sometimes it won't lose either. What you have to do is keep your eye on the total progress and not be concerned when you have 1 or 2 weeks or even 1 or 2 months in which it does not lose. I have not hit my first plateau yet, but it will happen. What I will do if it seems to be lasting too long is evaluate what I am doing: drinking adequate fluids, eating enough protein, exercising, and following the instructions that my surgeon gave me. Exercise can help weight loss, but it can also hinder momentarily weight loss because as you build muscle you don't tend to lose pounds. But, all of this is part of becoming a healthier us. Good luck and hang in there. Sandra
Most Active