Don'tcha just hate it when...

Jessmac
on 12/22/03 3:44 am - Phoenix, AZ
...everyone around you attributes every little thing you do/feel to your surgery? Today I am not feeling well, but don't want to say anything because every time I hiccup or have a follow-up dr. appointment, my boss or other supportive person goes on alert and asks, "Are you okay? Is it the surgery? Are you sure you're really doing fine?" I know I am lucky to be surrounded by people who care so much, but I'd just love to tell my boss the real problem. I have CRAMPS! Hmmmm. Looks like I'm a bit *****y too. Ohhh, sugar-free hot chocolate....yummmm. Wonder what's wrong with me.
Arizona_Sun
on 12/23/03 12:18 am - Gilbert, AZ
Heck, I would just tell the boss that you have cramps. They are a fact of life for many women. My only complaint post-surgery has nothing to do with the surgery, but rather has to do with how I slept post-surgery. I have nerve pain down my right leg and it is most annoying. I finally took off my binder to sleep at night so that I would not have it putting undue pressure on my lower back at night. That helped, but it is going to be a bit for the leg pain to clear up I am afraid. Other than that I feel great and my surgery was just a minor speed bump in the road. Sandra
Jessmac
on 12/23/03 7:17 am - Phoenix, AZ
Yay! So glad you're feeling good. "Minor bump in the road" is a fantastic surgical experience! Hope your leg stops bothering you soon. I am amazed at how much better my joints feel just 45 lbs down.
jennifer A.
on 12/25/03 4:01 pm - Glendale, Az
Yep ......I hate it but I'll take that any day, over all the docs, over the past years, attributing everything to my being overweight. ;)
Most Active